Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skanger me Banger

Options
  • 17-02-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

After reading a different thread while flicking thru the tv I had to stop at a certain show on mtv just to see what kind of useless crap they're putting on someones car today.
    So here's the question , whats the worst thing you seen on P*mp My R*de thats made it to the skanger me banger market in Ireland. ( or any country for that matter)
    here's one, monitors on the back seats /bumpers so the people in the car behind you can see what you're watching

I'd like to mention that I'm not against doing up a car(body kits,alloy wheels even a monitor) but doing things like putting a monitor that only other cars can see is just a bit poncey imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

On Pimp my ride it has to be:

' the aquariam / waterfall 'crap they put in someones back seat
    They also but a coffee maker in between the 2 front seats :rolleyes:

Irish skanger motor's..well how long is a piece of string

Loud beancan exhaust pipes on Micra/Fiesta/Punto or anything for that matter.
    Fake backbox extensions....even worse!!!
    Knightrider light / Neons.
    Sunstrip down as far as the wipers LOL :rolleyes:
    Modified L "Plates" minus the white border.
    Gothic / Stupid fonts on reg plates or people with a yellow plate on the back of there car ..so you want to be a brit then???
    Decals that make no sense i saw 1 litre sport decal down the side of a micra FFS
    DIY tints - gotta love the nice big air pocket / bubble in them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

on pimp my ride, they put a trangle with a robotic arm in the arm rest that rings each side of it, fair enough the owner is into robotics, but how useless was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

Modified L "Plates" minus the white border.

I was telling my girlfriend how much I hate that yesterday,
    Is there something wrong with being a learner driver? or is it to go on the motorway without being caught ?

x2 or the moble phone / mp3 player storage they had compressors and pressure gas and all sorts just for this little storage pocket in the console:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

I think the point you are missing is that pimp my ride is not to highlight "functinality" as much as to show exactly how much they can do and that there are no limits to their customisation. - its all advertising/marketing/publicity/promotion etc.

Take it with a pinch of salt rather that b*tch about the functionality of it

• Advertisement

C_Breeze wrote: »
    I think the point you are missing is that pimp my ride is not to highlight "functinality" as much as to show exactly how much they can do and that there are no limits to their customisation. - its all advertising/marketing/publicity/promotion etc.

Take it with a pinch of salt rather that b*tch about the functionality of it

Fair enough, but then they should should make a body kit entirely of monitors:D

also its not about how bad the show is , but all the stupid things that have made it to the mass market after being seen on that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

they put tiny tiny screens in the headlights of a car once, they were that small you had to kneel right in front of the headlights to see it at all, whats the point in showing you can do that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

A snake tank thing with a mini monitor so the snake can watch tv........wtf?

A monitor underneath the car so he can watch tv while he works on the car (he was an apprentice mechanic), why would he need to be working on a brand new car?

Its on mtv one and mtv one +1 now. I like watching it but some things are just stupid and useless (waste of money too).

pimp my ride on mtv now, found birth control/ knee pads in the car and used the term "you really suck it dry don't you" all in one minute.

The show is getting better:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

daauneal wrote: »
    pimp my ride on mtv now, found birth control/ knee pads in the car and used the term "you really suck it dry don't you" all in one minute.

The show is getting better:rolleyes:

im watching +1 so ill have to wait to see that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

Think the worst thing I saw on it was, the flame (thrower) thing coming out of the exhaust. I remember they fitted it but the boss made them take it off as it was too dangerous. Flames from the exhaust - maybe not a bad thing if it self-ignited some of the badly tarted up crap out there!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hmm more redneck like than skanger but they put in a bbq grill in the back of one chaps car (could have been a truck of some kind). :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I thought top gear did it best with a:

Shower for the driver
    Full Size BBQ hung on the back of the car
    Clothes rail for suits

Also, the "Hillary for president" paintwork was superb, really set the whole ensemble off.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Modified L "Plates" minus the white border

some grannies do that because they feel the L sticker reduces theyre vision mate

woop wrote: »
    some grannies do that because they feel the L sticker reduces theyre vision mate

Maybe they should invest in magnetic 'L's or sticky ones. Whats the point of doing that anyway if your going to do that you may as well not bother putting them up at all.

Advertisement