Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snivelling PMs

Options
  • 17-02-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

If you are being hassled by a pesky little twerp, and do not wish to engage in smug tit-for-tat bitchy exchanges over PM, is it a banning offence to challenge that person to go toe-to-toe on Stephen's Green or somewhere like that? :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you feel you are being harrased in any way you should PM one of the forum mods about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Be the better person and stick them on ignore or if they keep hassling you after that, send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Yes, but would it contravene the charter by giving the twerp an unmerciful hiding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, but would it contravene the charter by giving the twerp an unmerciful hiding?

There might not be any specific rules against it here, but I'd say beating someone up would be frowned upon by the law.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Might contravene some laws, so yes.

Treat whatever you write here, be it thread or PM, as if you were publishing it in a magazine.

Use the ignore feature, that's what it's there for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It could be construed that you are threatening physical violence against someone via the pm system which is a site ban offense, whether they actually deserve it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Threatening pms can get you site banned.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There's no wifi in the 'joy.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

there's mobile internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

DeV.

But there is mr big who will call the OP wifey in the showers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Chessplayer, seeing as you seem to be getting some sort of hassle via PM, I assume you'd be happy for the admins to take a look through your PM inbox and take action based on the PM's you've received therein?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

DeV.

I won't ask how you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Marksie wrote: »
    But there is mr big who will call the OP wifey in the showers

Indeed :) I see what you did there, very good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thats assuming in the circumstances they are the twerp, it could just as easily be you? You don't know what they are like in real life.

Internet toughguys FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If you are being hassled by a pesky little twerp, and do not wish to engage in smug tit-for-tat bitchy exchanges over PM, is it a banning offence to challenge that person to go toe-to-toe on Stephen's Green or somewhere like that? :confused:
    So your looking for a hitman? time to go to the Moderator's Forums.... We all know what happens there!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Maximilian wrote: »
    I won't ask how you know that.
    I told him.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Terry wrote: »
    I told him.

I won't ask why you told him so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

DeV.

Quote of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

devore and marksie...legends

:D

Advertisement