Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booking J1 flights with go4less

• 17-02-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey, has anyone else been having problems booking their flights on go4less.ie? I know this is pretty last minute, but they only got the online booking system set up on the 7th of February and I was out of the country until the middle of last week, with no internet access.

Anyway, whenever I submit my flight request I get an error:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/includes/StopOvers.asp, line 497

I'm guessing there's something wrong with either their sql server or the coding on their site.

Anyone else getting (or not getting!!) the same error?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

I had a problem with them too, when given the option to do a stopover it says an adviser will contact you. I only wanted to check the price so when i was finished and wanted to book my flights the link to the booking engine was gone, had to go into the office for them to change it. Then when i went to book flights i wanted to my flight home to be with a different airline, going out and coming back with different people.... Not an option apparently. kinda annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Anybody got any idea how much a flight to NYC costs with them including taxes and charges? And who do they fly with? BA via Heathrow?

I'm debating whether to do the independant option with sayit and book my flights myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

To boston cost me around 600 quid so prob around the same. A guess tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I got a Dublin-New York direct flight with Aer Lingus for €626 but it only seemed to be available on 2 or 3 days all the rest go through Heathro for around the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 baz^

Well, go4less says on their website that the way they work is that a consultant who works there looks at your flight request and finds the "cheapest" flight that suits the dates you gave. At least that's for if you choose to stop over somewhere on the way out or back. As to whether they have a special relationship with a particular airline or not isn't clear.

Also, you don't know the price of the tickets until they book it for you, which is sort of annoying.

As for the topic, in case anyone else has problems with their site, I just called into them yesterday morning and it was fine, they said the system goes up and down the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

You can get direct flights to new york and Boston from around 330 euros with Continental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Yeah, but one of the conditions of the J1 is booking the flight with them, unless you go with sayit but if go4less are gonna give you a free J1, you save way more than you would by booking your flights separately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Empsey

I booked with goforless to LA and myself and my freind were booking together and different prices kept coming up for us at the exact same time... :( it was so annoying ended up being 829, bit expensive i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

seems a bit expensive, i booked my flights along with 2 other friends 3 days after the flight booking engine went live. we got return flights from shannon to new york (JFK) with aer lingus for €449. pretty good i thought, cheaper than ba via heathrow and 170 cheaper than the same flights on aerlingus website

Advertisement