Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet cleaner

Options
  • 17-02-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi, Can anybody recommend a good carpet cleaner in Limerick, they're not bad just need a good once over, spring clean and all that...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've used Chemdry, and my parents have used Chemdry. They do a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Give this crowd a look might be able to help they do everything

http://www.compclean.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Hi Mr E, I looked up Chemdry and there are two companies in Limerick, Do you know if you parents used Anthony or Mark? Thanks

http://www.chemdry.ie/chemdry/asp/franchise.asp?prid=3

It was Ray Markham for me.
    My parents used Chemdry in the south east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I wouldn't recommend getting the chemdry treatment as they are not as effective as getting your carpets steamcleaned. Steamcleaning is far far better as it penetrates further into the weave of the carpet. Chemdry tends to clean only the surface and then when you vacuum the carpet the dirt that is deep down can rise to the surface making the carpet look just as dirty as before.if it is only lightly soiled then this might not be an issue though. i don't know of any steamcleaning services either but its about time one opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

My girlfriend used chemdry before for our hall carpet I think turned out worse after
    the treatment. one or two places looked cleaner but patchy and the rest
    of the carpet did not improve at all, and I am full sure looked more grubby
    than ever. I told her not to bother getting it ""cleaned"" but she did not listen.

It was a cheap carpet and probably a bit worn as its is over 7 years old
    so I did not mind that much as I'm just after buying some tiles instead.

~B

I should add a caveat to my original recommendation that they were repairing water damage for me (cleaning was an after thought). My parents got a rug cleaned (wine stains, tea stains etc.), so the cleaning was very localised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Paudie something in Adare he is in golden pages, did my sofa, 4 bedrooms and stairs Adare Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
    very good service and price would recomend

Advertisement