Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ]Wireless router and external hard drive

• 17-02-2008 3:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some nice cheap ones. Do all external hard drives work with macs? I need one for a mac but never use one, so I don't know.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What size hard drive? Open to correction but the last time I checked they all work with macs as long as there formated to fat 32, so even if you buy one thats ntfs you could always reformat it.

500gb for €100 +delivery here
    even says in the specs its compatible with macs!

This Router looks decent enough for the price. €53 + delivery.

Delivery would be about €13 for the 2 of them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Jaysus you'd swear Steve Jobs was thinking of ya!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What size hard drive? Open to correction but the last time I checked they all work with macs as long as there formated to fat 32, so even if you buy one thats ntfs you could always reformat it.

500gb for €100 +delivery here
    even says in the specs its compatible with macs!

This Router looks decent enough for the price. €53 + delivery.

Delivery would be about €13 for the 2 of them together.
    Thanks, good stuff mate.
    Was just wondering as I thought some neded windows software to start. Anyway, looks good!
    Jaysus you'd swear Steve Jobs was thinking of ya!
    That was what we were looking at but I would like to save the missus some money, although that thing is cool.
    It updates the backup for your computer every hour wirelessly.

are you trying to make the above?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Far to lazy! Maybe...

• Advertisement

Unless you have a host pc you'll need something else.

this looks fairly good
    you plug in the hard drive via usb and then plug in into your router with ethernet cable. It's gotten good reviews and it says in the specs its compatible with macs. You better look for advice from someone more capable than me before you decide to get this! I'm sure someone in the comp&tech forum could help you out. Its pricy enough though

And if you do get this your as well to get your hard drive and router from komplett too to get cheaper delivary

500gb Harddrive
    - says it works with macs €95

router - €45

So it looks like its cheaper to go with komplett anyways

Cheers.
    Cool idea to do this.

Advertisement