Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savannah Steakhouse - closed?

• 17-02-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

Posting on behalf of a friend -

My friend booked the Savannah Steakhouse on Valentines night for a meal, (also her 8 yr anniversary), Upon arriving in Mary St the restaurant was locked up with no notices in the windows/doors. As a result she had to drive around town to find an alternative restaurant.

She has tried contacing them on numerous occasions but no joy. Anyone have any idea what is going on??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As far as I know thats been closed ages, I was talking to a waitress in another restaurant in town who used to work in savannah but got out of their as they knew it was a sinking ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My friends and I were at Savannah last Wednesday week for a big birthday celebration. There were a few other people at different tables. I posted a review last week but if they've closed down I'm not surprised.

One of my friends brought along a birthday cake with her and Savannah wanted €15 from us if we were having the cake there. There was no way we were going to pay that considering we were paying a lot of money for just 2 courses. We generally go out for a meal every month and have been doing that for the last 9 years and anytime we've had a birthday celebration we've had no problem bringing a cake along.

We've never been asked for €15 just to cut a cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I was driving past there 3 days ago. Looks like someone torched a car outside it. Vehicle remains and black smoke stains everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I know some of the hotels tried that on a few years ago, at some of the communions/confirmations but when drunk angry mothers and fathers started upsetting the waitress they stopped it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Posting on behalf of a friend -

My friend booked the Savannah Steakhouse on Valentines night for a meal, (also her 8 yr anniversary), Upon arriving in Mary St the restaurant was locked up with no notices in the windows/doors. As a result she had to drive around town to find an alternative restaurant.

She has tried contacing them on numerous occasions but no joy. Anyone have any idea what is going on??

I was down there the last Saturday in January Laura and it was open...

Lovely steak too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Booked there for Valentines day a good number of weeks ago. Received a call on the 13th of February telling me it was closed due to an unstable roof in the premises. Have to admit, I've taken that reasoning with a grain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Lauralashes

Lawnkiller wrote: »
    Booked there for Valentines day a good number of weeks ago. Received a call on the 13th of February telling me it was closed due to an unstable roof in the premises. Have to admit, I've taken that reasoning with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the replies guys, clears things up a bit, my friend definately didn't receive a call from them tho, was just lucky to get another restaurant or her valentines night would have been completey ruined. Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Laura: Contact them and make your case, if there any decent they will give you a complementary meal for the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

their definetly closed down,went to go down there last week for a meal and the place closed and had been burnt, looked like a burnt out car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

rohe wrote: »
    their definetly closed down,went to go down there last week for a meal and the place closed and had been burnt, looked like a burnt out car.
    all I can say is HA HA ! Ramsey has more manners then the chef
    wonder have loved to have tried the steak there but would not eat there because of the chef

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 well well well

next wrote: »
    all I can say is HA HA ! Ramsey has more manners then the chef
    wonder have loved to have tried the steak there but would not eat there because of the chef

have to say went there before xmas end enjoyed the meal food was lovely staff were nice .when we walked in the door we were met by the waitress a nice polite girl who took are coats and hung em up .was sorry later we did leave her take our coats it was freezing there ..the steak was mouth watering av to say walked past it a few times and did wonder how they kept open there was never anyone in there maybe it was abit pricey

Advertisement