Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boots

Options
  • 17-02-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I purchased a pair of new hill walking boots just before Christmas. I only wore them once and I notice there were coming apart in a small section on top of the toe only had them a couple of days. So I took them back after about three weeks and they were supposed to be sent off to be fixed. I got old pair back about 10 days after and the problem was there the next time I hit the hills plus the boots got wet. They cost me 260 euros and now I want a new pair. But am I entitled to a new pair ???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Bring them back and push for a new pair, the boots would have to be tested for waterproofness first.

Have you waxed them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

they are gore tex boots so i did not bother waxing them and the leak or where the boot seperated caused air bubbles which could be seen when i was walking. I feel now i have given them a chance to rectify the problem and now I am due a new pair of boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I am confused :confused::confused::confused:

Is balrog & holdfast the same person? Or have 2 people been unlucky with the same boots from the same supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

As far as I can remember, the shop can get the product repaired 3 times (while you wait or walk barefoot ;-)
    Only if the product is still not fixed after the third time, can you ask for your money back or a new pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If there is leather in the boots, the leather needs to be waxed regularly. Kinda like polishing shoes, if you don't look after the leather it won't look after you.

Nikwax do a treatment called Aquias (the spelling may be off), it'll help condition the leather without damaging the goretex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 balrog

thanks for the help i guess my feet are a version of gore tex for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Goods must be fit for the purpose intended. The shoes aren't. I think you're entitled to a new pair.

Advertisement