Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on Land Rover Discovery

Options
  • 17-02-2008 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Folks

I am looking at a 2nd hand LR Discovery that I may well end up importing from the UK, but this is dependant on the CRT charge which the online system wont calculate for me!

Does anyone have any experience of importing an LR Discovery thats about 10 years old and how much the VRT cost on it?

Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK 10 year old cars probablty won't have a certificate that is accepteble to Revenue stating the emissions figures for calculating VRT and road tax, so it will fall into the maximum road tax and VRT bands if registered after July.

I should imagine that even if emissions figures would be available, that it would fall into the top band anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

if it is a commercial i think you could get away with paying a flat 50 euro fee but you would probably be better off checking out the forum at clri.net

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if it's coming from the UK, it'll be likely to be a passenger model.
    Commercial models aren't, and won't be taxed on emissions.
    I get the feeling the OP is talking about a passenger model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

yeah your probably right on a different note from my experience the importation vrt pricing system is a bit wishy washy, a defender 110 can get away with the 50 euro fee where as a defender 90 gets charged at the 13.5% fee, the online vrt quotation calculater rarely has a near accurate match unless your going for a standard version of a very popular car and from what ive heard is that it all depends on what revenue office on what day and what revenue assessor you get that influences what quote you get

rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

landydef wrote: »
    if it is a commercial i think you could get away with paying a flat 50 euro fee but you would probably be better off checking out the forum at clri.net

Ive been told that to only get charged the €50 VRT on commercials now they look for a VAT number. Anyone know if this is true or not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jameskilleen

HJL wrote: »
    Ive been told that to only get charged the €50 VRT on commercials now they look for a VAT number. Anyone know if this is true or not?
    i recently bought a freelander thinking it would cost 50 euros vrt but it cost 1,900,was commercial,they went by the weight of the vehicle,mine was just over 2 tonnes and if was over 2.5 would have got for 50 euros,nothing about tax was discussed.

Advertisement