Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIG Piper J3 Cub.

Options
  • 17-02-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭

hi i,m looking to buy the SIG piper j3 cub, i,m going with a glow fuel engine.
    heres a link to the plane http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=154

would it cost much to put a glowengine and servos etc to set this plane up?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Well, around 120 - 160 quids for engine and servos depending if you go 2 or 4 strokes...
    But you need a radio, receiver, all the gears that go with a glow engine (battery socket for the glow, fuel, pump and so on...)..
    That depend if you already have some gears or now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

hi m8 i already have a radio,receiver,4 servos.

how do you mean all the gears that go with a glowengine,i persume you meant all the gear that goes with it?

Well, around 120 - 160 quids for engine and servos depending if you go 2 or 4 strokes...
    But you need a radio, receiver, all the gears that go with a glow engine (battery socket for the glow, fuel, pump and so on...)..
    That depend if you already have some gears or now...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

all the gears that go with a glow engine (battery socket for the glow, fuel, pump and so on...)..
    bassy wrote: »
    how do you mean all the gears that go with a glowengine,i persume you meant all the gear that goes with it?

I guess, he meant gears that do NOT come with engine - that is what most people have in their flightbox

gears? are these the servos?.
    DennisZ wrote: »
    I guess, he meant gears that do NOT come with engine - that is what most people have in their flightbox

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

(battery socket for the glow, fuel, pump and so on...)..
    gears? are these the servos?.

Actually, Fred already had listed some of them ... see above
    also many people prefer to use electric starter...

• Advertisement

can,t beat a glowfuel engine,its old school.and i love old school ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

can,t beat a glowfuel engine ....

So long as you CAN start them! :p

I had two flights today (Raptor 3D) and a pal had another two (on my P-51 Mustang and Cessna 400) while a friend was trying to get his glow engine going. ... I was on electric. Switch on a fly!

The glow engine chap went home without a flight.

Advertisement