Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clio Problem

Options
  • 17-02-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Lads,

I have a problem when starting my clio(2003).The fob needs to be replaced(I know that much) but up untill today I could start it as normal.

The problem is now when i go to start the engine nothing happens.The key still locks/opens the door but it will not turn over.

Do I need a new key or will I have to get the key I have now reprogrammed?(if so what details do I have to give to the garage bearing in mind I cant drive the car to the renault garage).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Couple of obvious ones but worth a mention anyway as they are easily forgotten. has the battery in th ekey been replaced since the car was bought? Is the car battery dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

my old clio there used to be a small key to deactivate the immobiliser.

however do you get ignition lights / headlamps - any start motor turnover at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if the key had dropped the immobiliser code, then the starter motor would turn, but the engine wouldn't start, as if you'd run out of petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Thanks for the reply folks.

When i put the key in and turn it,I get a noise(down by the radio I think)
    The engine truns on but cuts out like there is no petrol,aslo get a cpl of lights come on but disappear when the engine stops.

Think I am walking to work to mo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Check the battery connections. I had a very similar issue a while after the battery was replaced in my clio. Turns out the terminals were smaller than the original batteries ones and the connection was loose, resulted in pretty much what you describe. It felt like the battey was fooked. I just stuck a nail in the loose connection and never had a problem after that. :)

• Advertisement

Checked the battery,everything ok there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

stoopid question : is there petrol in the tank ?

when it happened to me I had a small key to disable the alarm system '95 clio but things may have changed - do you have anything like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

When you turn on the ignition does the imobaliser light go out the little red one on the dash that flashes when the car is stopped.

The red light beside the "SERV" stays on after I turh they key

Advertisement