Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Way Out Predictions/Spoilers

• 17-02-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

Orton to retain for this one, I think he will keep the title til WM at least.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Edge (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

Whether or not Rey competes or is replaced I don't think the outcome would change. Edge for the win.

ECW Championship Match
    Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. CM Punk

Would prefer to see Punk win but not so sure....Possibly be the only title change of the night

SmackDown/ECW Elimination Chamber Match
    Big Daddy V vs. The Great Khali vs. Finlay vs. Batista vs. The Undertaker vs. MVP

Undertaker to win this one....

RAW Elimination Chamber Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. JBL vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H vs. Umaga

HHH to win. Rumours of Orton vs. Cena vs. HHH at WM. Would love to see Jeff win this though with how well he seems to be doing lately.

Career Threatening Match
    Ric Flair vs. Ken Kennedy

I think Kennedy could get the pin, but I think it's going to be Flair's last match at Mania.

Anyone going watching this tonight?? It's on Sky Sports 1 so might catch the repeat during the week...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's repeated tomorrow at 9 i think.. might wait till tomorrow evening to watch it, although im off tomorrow so i might stay up.. i said tomorrow a lot there.

looks a good card alright. should be interesting, just as long as cena doesnt win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE Championship Match

Orton by DQ

Edge will win, although I don't think it'll be against Rey

ECW Championship Match

Chavo to win. I think Punk's beaten him six or seven times now, except in the title match

Big Daddy V vs. The Great Khali vs. Finlay vs. Batista vs. The Undertaker vs. MVP

Undertaker to win. Khali and Viscera to start it off, they can't fit in the pods

HHH probably

Career Threatening Match

Flair, by DQ or countout

I won't be watching live, I'll just watch tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Anyone think that Jeff has a chance tonight? Jeff to go to the title match and HHH to retire Flair at WM would keep me happy, that way H's ego wouldn't be bruised by not being in the title match cos he would forever be able to tell the world that he retired the Nature Boy and guarentees himself another place in the record books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

WWE Championship Match

I am with Cena DQ

Edge will win

ECW Championship Match

Chavo to win, again by DQ

Can only see the Undertaker winning this so they can set up Undertaker V Edge in a match that will be hype as both never been pinned at Wrestlemania

I dunno about this will be down between Hardy and HHH, I think they will have Hardy win this as why else would HBK let him get a clean pinfall on Raw

Career Threatening Match

Flair

I will not watch it either but record it.

orestes wrote: »
    Anyone think that Jeff has a chance tonight?

Nope. He pinned Michaels on Raw, I'd be shocked if Shawn didn't eliminate him from the chamber. Shawn always makes sure to get his wins back, except when it's against a champion

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

WWE Championship Match

Orton retains but with a disputed finish

Edge will win against The Big Show by cheating

ECW Championship Match

I think Chavo will retain although this could go either way as if they want a title to change hands tonight it will be in this match IMO

Undertaker to win so as to face Edge at WM

HHH

Career Threatening Match

Flair, by submission

Anyone think that Jeff has a chance tonight? Jeff to go to the title match and HHH to retire Flair at WM would keep me happy, that way H's ego wouldn't be bruised by not being in the title match cos he would forever be able to tell the world that he retired the Nature Boy and guarentees himself another place in the record books

Personally I would doubt it as the way his Rumble title matc ended seemed to suggest to me he was only a temporary challenger for the gold. filling the void before Cena's return and prehaps HHH's re-elevation to the title scene. would like to see it though, but instead i expect to see him in the MITB match at mania (and win it) or you never know he might actually defend his Intercontinental title (not too likely IMO).

wont be watching it till tommorow prob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

No college for me tomorrow, so i'll probably give it whirl and stay up.

Anyone think Big Show may show up tonight?

Personally I would doubt it as the way his Rumble title matc ended seemed to suggest to me he was only a temporary challenger for the gold. filling the void before Cena's return and prehaps HHH's re-elevation to the title scene.

I look at it less like that and more like they were testing the waters with him. It worked, so I can see him getting into the title picture more often in the next year

No college for me tomorrow, so i'll probably give it whirl and stay up.

Anyone think Big Show may show up tonight?

yup in my prediction for Edge v Rey, I said i think Edge will def Big Show (not Rey) by cheating. they cant have Show lose cleanly on his return and Edge isnt going to drop the belt. So Heel it up, cheat to win and the WWE can hope to surprise the audience with another unexpected return a la the rumble

Fozzy wrote: »
    I look at it less like that and more like they were testing the waters with him. It worked, so I can see him getting into the title picture more often in the next year

Id agree that they were testing the water with him and think that next year (WM to WM calender-wise) will be a huge one for Hardy as he becomes a established main-eventer but the way that match ended and the clean win to me suggests he isnt about to be put into the mania main event instead he will be temporarily moved away from the title scene and into the MITB a match which will eventually lead to his next ttle match IMO when he cashes it in cos i think he will win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

WWE Championship Match

DQ finish, setting up a triple threat match at Mania.

Edge by destruction.

ECW Championship Match

Don't care. I say they'll stick with Chavo though.

Undertaker.

HHH

Career Threatening Match

Kennedy to win.

Career Threatening Match

Kennedy to win.

you think they will have Flair lose unexpectidly 1 PPV before Mania with "his career on the line"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

you think they will have Flair lose unexpectidly 1 PPV before Mania with "his career on the line"?

Yep I think it's possible. I think they could do a "Mick Foley 2001" and bring him back for 1 last match at 'Mania.

The advantages are:

- Kennedy gets the rub from it.
    - WWE can actually promote that it will be Flairs actual last match at 'Mania which means more than it "possibly" being his last match.
    - You can have Flair win at 'Mania and go out on a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

John Cena vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)
    Anyone who thinks that Cena is not going to win this and headline Mania is very naive. The match should be all right though and hopefully Orton will look strong in the match and maybe got a rematch at Mania with Cena and HHH.
    Rey Mysterio vs. Edge (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
    Well its unlikely Rey will wrestle tonight. I assume we will see a backstage beat down of Rey and then Teddy will demand that Edge defends his title. It would be awesome to see Matt back but sadly its probably be the absurdly washed up Kane.
    Raw Elimination Chamber
    I expect the final two to be Jeff and HHH. Jeff is more deserving of headlining Mania than Superman but sadly its looks a banker bet that HHH wins it.
    SmackDown/ECW Elimination Chamber
    Oh lord this could stink the pace out. Taker will have to work his ass of tonight as he’s not just got one dud in it but it has three with Tista, Viscera and Khali. I expect it to come down to Taker and Tista with Taker winning. I would like to see it finish with Taker going against MVP or Finlay but I doubt that will happen.
    ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk
    CM punk looks very strong going into this so WWE logic means he will probably lose. I don’t expect it to end cleanly.
    Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy
    Flair isn’t losing tonight It will be interesting to see if Kennedy can get a good match out of Flair from what I have seen of him since he came to RAW I doubt it though. Hopefully it will be quick and we get Flair v HBK at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think Kennedy will win too probably something along the lines of Kennedy knocks out ref, Figure four get's locked and he taps but ref is knocked out, Flair releases it to get the ref up and as he goes for the pin Kennedy to win via small package.

As for the other matches

]John Cena vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)
    I'd say this will be a draw so they can both go to Mania

Rey Mysterio vs. Edge (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
    Edge to get a clean win over whoever it is

Raw Elimination Chamber
    Jeff Hardy to pin Hunter for the win. I see Hunter vs. Batista as a possibility for Mania as the main event should sell regardless. Also think it would be hard for them to ignore the momentum he's on

SmackDown/ECW Elimination Chamber
    Taker to pin Batista

ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk
    Probably Chavo but I'm not too bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there not a Tag Match for the Raw Titles-Santino and Carlito vs Holly and Cheesy Rhodes...

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is there not a Tag Match for the Raw Titles-Santino and Carlito vs Holly and Cheesy Rhodes...

WWE.com says no. That'll probably be a WM match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Looking forward to the Cena vs Orton match, should be good. Time to put on the kettle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Chavo wins clean with the Frog Splash in the first match of the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They nearly gave away the finish to the ECW match on air!

And that finish to the Smackdown Chamber match was beautiful.

• Advertisement

The ECW match was already on, it was the first match of the night, or is there another one on the card?

The commentary during the first chamber match was a bit strange though I think

orestes wrote: »
    The ECW match was already on, it was the first match of the night, or is there another one on the card?

The commentary during the first chamber match was a bit strange though I think

Did you not hear Taz talking just before the match, it was like he left his mike on by mistake and he nearly gave the finish away before they cut him off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

flahavaj wrote: »
    They nearly gave away the finish to the ECW match on air!

And that finish to the Smackdown Chamber match was beautiful.

yea but they couldve just made it a taker and batista cage match becuase none of the others ever had a chance of winning it.

Did you not hear Taz talking just before the match, it was like he left his mike on by mistake and he nearly gave the finish away before they cut him off!

Ah right, must have missed that! I thought you meant they gae it away during the Smackdown match or something, sorry bout that!

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    yea but they couldve just made it a taker and batista cage match becuase none of the others ever had a chance of winning it.

I guess beating 5 other guys just makes the winner look strong going into Mania, as he should.

Rey looks like a cross between Ultimo Dragon and Mistico tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DONK!

big show is pumped

Show looks in unreal shape!

Gotta agree, he looks great!

Fcuk, 108 pounds :eek: Fair play to him! He must have worked his ass off while he was gone! Literally!

what the hell just happened

• Advertisement

Oooooooooh Mayweather /Show boxing match at Mania methinks! Wasn't Show training to be a boxer when he was off? And Mayweather is a great trash talker, this could be great!

Mayweather big show at wrestlemania. now that would be funny. he is so small :D

what's up with the lack of commentary for allthis stuff though

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Mayweather big show at wrestlemania. now that would be funny. he is so small :D

what's up with the lack of commentary for allthis stuff though

Probably to make it seem more of a "shoot." It was ****ing AWESOME though! Seriously that's gonna get a TONNE of mainstream publicity if they run it for Mania. Mayweather is probably the best boxer on the planet right now, this is unreal!:D

nah not probably, he is the best at the moment and has been for the last few years. this would be massive for wrestlemania to get him in on it.

suprised the elimination chamber is the main event for this.

Finaly the Road to Wrestlemania got interesting, that was amazing TV, best thing they've done in years and they kept it quiet as well. I love being worked! Looks like he legit bust Shows nose too just to make things even more interesting!

well lookin at the replays the last punch mmayweather hit was straight on the nose. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

It really didn't look scripted, excellent work WWE. Thats gonna be some storyline

Yep, Mayweather definitely landed a few clean ones on his nose! Show was spitting out quite a bit of blood on the way up the ramp! Can't wait to see where they go with this now, best thing they have done in a long time!

Well, there you have it, Triple Threat at Mania, the only question now is whether they put HHH or Hardy in with them......

Ha, the irony of having a song called "Fake It" as the theme tune to a wrestling show!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ahhh i fogot about this just in from work ive missed most of fupping it:mad:

hardy couldnt do a swanton bomb properly cos of the cage.

Jericho was eliminated poorly

hhh takes out his"friend" hbk

hardy and hhh go at it like goodo

• Advertisement

joke

Well there you have it, Trips is off to Mania. Can't wait for the bitching to start!:p

Fcuk it anyway. Knew it was gonna happen, but still pretty pi$$ed off about it. :mad:

Taker and HHH both going to main event WM, yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Great PPV really had me going, Show vs Money Mayweather was cool although Show had the fastest heel turn in history, HHH went over but didnt damage Jeff too much really cant wait to get the the Citrus Bowl after that wooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The Cena Vs Orton match was even good they teased the countout finish every one was waiting for twice, then wham straight bitchslapped the referee its a new ending anyway setting up a triple threat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

F***S SAKE!! The raw chamber was easily the best chamber match yet and it would have been even a lot better only for the end. Im not trip's bitching but surely the Hardy/Orton match would have better pull for mania, to be honest i couldnt care less for mania now.

If hardy won and went onto mania it would have given us the chance to see someone potentially get the gold for their first time, instead we get 4 lads with about 400 title reigns between em, and even if a title does change hands its not gonna be anything new. Maybe the diva battle royal might be good...... ugh. :(

This smacks of Christian all over again, Hardy on fire, crowd behind him full pelt, he's showing intensity and putting on great matches and then gets the rug pulled from under him over and over. Is it any wonder he's left so many times before??

As for the smackdown chamber, decent enough but me and my buddy had the start and finish called before it even began.

A late night beer fuelled rant!!:D

THE END.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Show and maywaether was $HIT HOT in fairness!! that was some lefthand nosebreaker he planted on him!! OUCH!! :eek::eek:

I just hope it doesnt lead to a gimmick match at mania. Let it be at that, a great moment that stays as a great moment.

TOPDAWG wrote: »
    Show and maywaether was $HIT HOT in fairness!! that was some lefthand nosebreaker he planted on him!! OUCH!! :eek::eek:

I just hope it doesnt lead to a gimmick match at mania. Let it be at that, a great moment that stays as a great moment.

If they leave it at that it will all have been for nothing. No point in having a killer angle with no pay off. They need to make money at the end of the day!

TOPDAWG wrote: »
    F***S SAKE!! The raw chamber was easily the best chamber match yet and it would have been even a lot better only for the end. Im not trip's bitching but surely the Hardy/Orton match would have better pull for mania, to be honest i couldnt care less for mania now.

If hardy won and went onto mania it would have given us the chance to see someone potentially get the gold for their first time, instead we get 4 lads with about 400 title reigns between em, and even if a title does change hands its not gonna be anything new. Maybe the diva battle royal might be good...... ugh. :(

This smacks of Christian all over again, Hardy on fire, crowd behind him full pelt, he's showing intensity and putting on great matches and then gets the rug pulled from under him over and over. Is it any wonder he's left so many times before??

As for the smackdown chamber, decent enough but me and my buddy had the start and finish called before it even began.

A late night beer fuelled rant!!:D

THE END.

Ah don't worry Hardy'll win Money in The Bank and get his day in the sun.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ah don't worry Hardy'll win Money in The Bank and get his day in the sun.:D

Be great if Hardy won it and cashed it in right after Trips has won his 12th title at Mania

• Advertisement
Advertisement