Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Way Out Predictions/Spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

was it just me or was the commentary awful all night? it seemed like none of them were interested and there were huge bouts of silence when stuff was happening, the crowd was dead for most of it too, even when jeff came into the chamber, huge pop then they all sat down and were quiet again until jbl got eliminated, taker flinging mvp off the pod roof was the bump of the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler; i would have to disagree there i thought the vegas crowd were awesome in parts especially in the first chamber match and then during the cena/orton effort.

speaking of the PPV it was incredibly predictable, even the first eliminations in the chambers were easy calls, but the show was fun nonetheless (i bet nobody thought that HHH would go on to headline another mania, that shocked me :p)

the big show/mayweather incident was awesome, one of the WWE's finest ever moments on PPV imo, pure tv gold, i was just sitting there going WTF is this. Now thats how the akebono/big show angle should have been written.

mayweather is sure to receive a rap on the knuckles for not pulling his punches though, re-watching the video its clear big show was not prepared for mayweather's first punch :eek:

all the photo news agencies have lots of stills from last nights incident (very rare where it concerns pro-wrestling), some real awesome shots

oqzlmb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That was one of the best shows i've seen in quite some time. It also contained one of the best works i've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The first couple of punches were taps on the cheek in mayweatherscase the third was the "money"shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Thats all well and good but now you have a returning star who you are paying loads of money who has a broken nose at the hands of a non wrestler and wont be able to compete until its sorted.

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Thats all well and good but now you have a returning star who you are paying loads of money who has a broken nose at the hands of a non wrestler and wont be able to compete until its sorted.

footballers usually play again within a week of breaking their nose, case in point sami hyypia and peter crouch last year who destroyed his nose after getting a kick to the face but was playing 6 days later.

Show is a big boy he will be fine for mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

MikeHoncho wrote: »

It's worth it. If there is a deal (and I assume there is) for Mayweather to do something at 'Mania, it's a guaranteed goldmine for the WWE. This will be huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Shawn Michaels broke his nose at the hands (elbow) of a wrestler (Chris Jericho) so he's in the same boat,**** happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

krudler wrote: »
    was it just me or was the commentary awful all night?

Ya had to laugh at some of it like michael cole constantly telling us "there's no way in or out, unless your beaten and the ref opens the doors for you" then two second laters Taker falls thro the door.

And Coach every two seconds reminding us that the glass panels cant be broken and then Finlay falls thro one and Coach APOLOGIES! haha.

By the way did ye know the "structure" weighs over two tonnes and has over two miles of chain link??? Cos i didnt but then they'd tell me and i'd forget again so they'd say it 5 mins later again. :D:D

• Advertisement

floydhitbigshow.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Good show, I enjoyed it. I'm guessing that HHH will be doing the job at Wrestlemania again, better than putting Jeff in there and having him lose

I didn't think Cena was that great, but Orton was brilliant

Mayweather's such a coward, waiting til the big guy gives him an opening and then just running! He should be a heel anyway, he's already shown that he's great at it

And Mayweather Wrestlemania
    Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather will do more than stand at ringside or serve as a special referee at WrestleMania 24. Prowrestling.net has learned that he is scheduled to wrestle on the show, most likely in a tag team match. He is expected to team with Rey Mysterio—assuming Rey is healthy enough to wrestle—in a match against Big Show and a tag partner.

The Sun says that Shane McMahon has been working on getting Floyd for a year now

The National Ledger reports that he was initially going to be a heel and team with MVP

Fozzy wrote: »
    Good show, I enjoyed it. I'm guessing that HHH will be doing the job at Wrestlemania again, him lose

I'm guessing it's Orton's turn this time.

As for Floyd:
    If they let Mayweather just be himself, this could make for some awesome tv. And I hope for MVP's sake he's involved. It could really make him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

hmmm MVP & mayweather vs rey & de la hoya :D that'd be cool,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Really good show, both chamber matches were very good, although the ending realy made the first match, that was an amazing finish. Show and Mayweather was awesome. I went on a little rant about celebrities in wrestling in one of the earlier ATH games but this was done so well that it's fine with me. It's the first time since Tyson that I give a **** about a celeb appearance.

Orton vs Cena was very good and I absolutely loved the ending, it had me in stitches! It was so obvious that HHH would win but hes definintely going to job in the main event so Ive no real problem with it. Hopefully Orton gets the rub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I just watched the Mayweather bit there and it's definitely one of the best segments i've seen in quite some time. I think he'll be a huge draw for Mania once they give him a microphone.

• Advertisement

Double C wrote: »
    but hes definintely going to job in the main event so Ive no real problem with it.

I haven't see NWO so I could be missing something but why is Triple H definitely doing the job?

I haven't see NWO so I could be missing something but why is Triple H definitely doing the job?

Because he always does what's best for business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

The idea posted above by fozzy in the spoiler brackets actually may not be too bad, what i feared most when i talked of a gimmick match earlier was a "brawl for all" style match.

I really cant see HHH winning the belt at Wrestlemania. It would be great if Orton pinned him, but chances are Cena will pin HHH.

Double C wrote: »
    I really cant see HHH winning the belt at Wrestlemania. It would be great if Orton pinned him, but chances are Cena will pin HHH.

cena is off to film his next big project straight after mania so he won't be leaving with the belt.

its between orton and trips and given the fact trips hasn't really held the title since WM21 and the fact that Orton will have held the belt for the best part of six months by then i cannot see anybody but trips leaving with the belt come 11pm Orlando time March 30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just finished watching the ppv there and it was a good ppv show to have leading up to Mania! Was surprised when I saw Show, with all the talk that he could return at the rumble, I wasn't sure he would return at NWO. He looked to be in really great shape. Did you see how fast he got out of the ring to chase after Mayweather!! :eek:

The elimination chambers were quite good but the outcomes was predictable, no surprises there. I was wondering how long more HBK was gonna be in there, he must of lost some amount of blood after his nose got broken! Show looked fairly pissed after Mayweather packed the punch that broke his nose, wouldn't blame Show tbh.

I think Mayweather at Wrestlemania will definitely be a big draw for WWE....atleast we know it won't be a hair vs. hair match this time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A wretched, soul-destroying show in every sense of the word with absolutely mind-boggling booking. It would be humourous if it wasn't so sad.

CM Punk gets pinned clean by Chavo, a guy who in 2008 is an irrelevance.

Cena-Orton should have been kept as the Mania event but instead they give it away early and do a DQ finish. Didn't we get that at Unforgiven before? Disgraceful handling of a PPV match.

Then the main event...(sigh). I've decided I'm not going to rant. I said I wouldn't and I won't. I will firstly congratulate Shawn Michaels on his selflessness - a guy who I was told 2 weeks ago refused to put people over. Funny that because he put Jeff over clean on Raw last week and put you know who over clean in the Chamber match.

But as I say I don't want to rant on 'he who shall not be named'. My feelings are well known. The following is just my final two cents...for the time being at least. For I called the politicking bullsh*t the minute I smelled it the night after the Rumble and as rossie said it has all been so incredibly predictable.

I'm quite astonished that people enjoyed it. I find it insufferable booking and the politics is just TOO MUCH for me to bear any more.

So that's it. I quit. 'Himself' can go on and claim as many World Titles as his heart desires but he can do so without this viewer watching on in disgust, and if this political bollocks is the way the WWE is heading, then I refuse to fork out my money to watch any of their shows again.

I've seen them tarnish ECW and now I feel they are well on the way to tarnishing their own company's legacy, and I'm no longer prepared to sit through the crap in order to see the glimmers of hope (the Jeff Hardys, Matt Hardys, CM Punks of this world).

Because when push comes to shove and it's their chance to shine these guys get brushed to one side - as do the opinions of the fans - and politics rules the day.

See a guy like Christian never gets a chance despite busting his ass and having a strong following. A guy like Bobby Lashley gets given the world on a plate without anywhere near as much work and without a fraction of the support. I always knew this was an unfair system but I was willing to overlook it in the hope that I could see fun TV. But what I'm seeing just isn't fun any more.

I thoroughly hope that a change for the better will arise and that younger guys will be given a chance, and if this happens I might have my interest in WWE rekindled. As we move away from Wrestlemania time I'm sure that's entirely possible if patterns in recent years are anything to go by. Until such a time however I shall leave it be.

I've watched WWE on a regular basis, almost without any hiatus whatsoever, for the past eight or nine years but I'm sad to report that my passion for the product has hit an all-time low. As I switched off my TV catching the last image of 'that guy' pointing to the Wrestlemania logo as he prepares for yet ANOTHER world title match in the Wrestlemania main event, it dawned on me that this outcome was about as difficult to figure out to me as the outcome of an Umaga vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan match on Heat. In other words, not very.

As much as the WWE have given me many great moments as a viewer, I don't watch television for predictable writing. I feel that's what I'm getting. Predictable, and political, writing.

So then guys and girls, I have done. It's been truly a pleasure discussing wrestling with you all, through the good times and the bad times, and I hope to one day soon discuss it with you all again. However judging by the state of the industry, that probably won't be any time soon. I can at least console myself on the grounds that I still have my passion for football to fall back on. While politics certainly has the potential to ruin that beautiful pursuit, I don't feel it's quite happened yet. I can't say the same for WWE.

So then I wish you all good luck and best wishes and I hope that the shows bring you more enjoyment than they have me. Cheerio...

You're the first person who I've heard disliking the show! Take care until you watch wrestling again

Personally I'm actually really excited about WM after that show. Sort of like how it was last year when the buildup shows got excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I only caught the tail end of the first EC and the two title matches.

The EC looked exciting enough, but anyone who thought it would be anyone else but Batista and Taker as the final two is loosing the plot. Loved the finish. It was certainly unique. Taker Vs Edge should have a great build up. Pity is only going to last 6 weeks, as Im sure they could have dragged this one out much longer. Of course it is arguable their fued started at Survivor Series, but who is counting?

The Edge Mysterio match never really had a chance given the latters injury. Glad to see Edge get the clean win for a change.

The Orton Cena match was not bad, but I felt it never really got going. It didn't really have any momentum. I found it very "stop start". The finish was utter toss though. FFS, a cheating win would have been better, as that would not have hurt Cena either. Also, i feel they missed a big oppurtunity to show Cena to be a real 'bad ass' by having him FU the ref or something after the decision to show his frustration. Maybe thats a tad heelish, but the crowd would have eaten it up IMO.

The Mayweather Show segment was fantastic. Ive never seen that many people scarper so fast in my life. I am assuming it was a botch?

I didn't even bother with the Raw EC. 2 reasons for it
    1. The battle for number one contender is more important that the actual championship match?

2. It was far to obvious that HHH was going over here, so I took the oppurtunity to head to bed.

Enjoyed what i watched, but cannot comment on the overall show. NWO is normally a very good PPV though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I disagree Mr. Nice Guy, HHH has cleanly put so many people over in the last few years that I'm not surprised he is getting a title shot at Mania. Batista at WM21, Cena at WM22. Hardy recently-a clean pin and a kick out of the Pedigree.

For how long has he held a title in the last 3 years?

I would have loved nothing more than Orton-Hardy at WM24 with Jeff winning, but there is no question that HHH in the main event is the money spinner. And the way the Orton v Cena title match finished, we have Orton carrying huge heat.

As someone who is flying out to WM24, I cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well, there you have it, Triple Threat at Mania, the only question now is whether they put HHH or Hardy in with them......

Raw
    Its gonna be Ortan vs HHH vs John Cena in a triple threat match,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No Way Out was the first PPV in about 3 years that I had not spoiled for myself beforehand. Since, I'm going to WM24, I really wanted to get pumped up for the event!

I have to say I thorougly enjoyed the PPV. I haven't been a massive fan over the last 18 months, but I have to say that I simply cannot wait to be sitting in the Cirtus Bowl come March 30th (and Raw the following night)

CM Punk v Chavo Guerrero
    Had a nice little build up to the match, but I didn't really think the outcome was in question. Some nice spots and a good ending, although I was surprised that Chavo won cleanly. The rematch will surely be at WM24.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber
    Again, I never thought that anyone but Taker was winning this. I cringed when, after all the hype that the Chamber was indestructable, that Taker fell out of the main door and the glass broke right after Coach saying it was unbreakable..."apologies"...hilarious.

And just when you think you have seen it all before, the have a finish to the match that had my jaw on the floor...simply amazing.

Edge v Mysterio
    No points fo guessing the winner. Short match with an ok finish. But set the ball rolling for one of the coolest moments in recent WWE memory...

Big Show/Mayweather
    Wow. Unbelievable. I was actually very suspicious that WWE had set Show up and had told Mayweather to smack him up, especially when Shane got involved. I was so tempted to go on the net to see what really happened but I resisted. The greatest boxer in the world...I cannot imagine how much press this is going to get.

Cena V Orton
    I normally *hate* DQ endings, but I thought Ortons reaction to the DQ was absolutely priceless. Sets up Mania fantasically. I thought the double countout routine was a funny "middle finger up" to alot of fans who think they know how the match was going to down, me included (a disputed finish where no winner is declared so we could have a Triple Threat involving them and HHH at Mania).

I went to bed before the Raw Chamber match as there was no way HHH was not headlining Mania after missing last years and jobbing to Batista and Cena at WM21 and WM22.

Overall, a great show...cannot wait for Mania now!

I'm surprised people are questioning the Mayweather thing. He punched him legit in the face and I think he had to to get the angle started. It's got everyone talking about it and I dont think it would have worked as well if he pulled his punch.

And I can't see a problem with any of the booking from NWO. Chavo was always going to go over in the ECW match. Hopefully this will lead to Punk getting a promotion to Raw or SD as he's done all he can in ECW. Taker was guaranteed to win, so was Flair. The Mayweather Big Show thing was awesome, as good a segement as WWE have done in years. There was never going to be a clean finish in the Orton Cena match and I loved the finish. It made Cena look strong and Orton look like a pussy. Perfect. HHH was always going to win the chamber and it was pretty daft to think anyone else in that match had a chance. Jeff came out looking strong cos HHH nearly had to kill him to get the pin. It sets him up perfectly to win the MitB. Im kinda thinking that HHH will win the title at WM now (bit of a change of heart on my part!) and Hardy will eventually beat him, possibly at Summerslam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't understand why they rewarded Show of all people with a Mayweather segment. Would have much preffered a streak match between Taker and Mayweather at Mania

If you're going to post about what happened on Raw then please use spoiler tags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Highlight of the show for me was Taker in the EC match.
    I thought he put on a brilliant performance.

Wasn't too interested in the Edge/ Rey match.
    I just don't rate Mysterio as a title contender.

Like someone said above, Hardy is definitley a shoe in for the MITB win.

HBK to retire Flair at WM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Terry wrote: »

Wasn't too interested in the Edge/ Rey match.
    I just don't rate Mysterio as a title contender.

I feel the same. But he would be a great us title contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they rewarded Show of all people with a Mayweather segment. Would have much preffered a streak match between Taker and Mayweather at Mania

Could you honestly see either of them jobbing at Mania?

Taker wouldnt risk his 15-0 to a boxer in a legit boxing match and Mayweather sure as hell wouldnt let himself get beat by someone that is a huge star in a "fake" sport.

It will be interesting to see how they build this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Could you honestly see either of them jobbing at Mania?

Taker wouldnt risk his 15-0 to a boxer in a legit boxing match and Mayweather sure as hell wouldnt let himself get beat by someone that is a huge star in a "fake" sport.

It will be interesting to see how they build this up.

I didn't realise that this was going to be a legit boxing match

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I didn't realise that this was going to be a legit boxing match

It can't be. What commission would sanction it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

When I said legit I ment a match a la Butterbean vs Bart Gunn a couple of manias ago.

Maybe I got totally sucked in but wasnt that an actual boxing match:confused:

Unless Im mistaken Gunn got pasted/more or less knocked the fcuk out.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    When I said legit I ment a match a la Butterbean vs Bart Gunn a couple of manias ago.

Maybe I got totally sucked in but wasnt that an actual boxing match:confused:

Unless Im mistaken Gunn got pasted/more or less knocked the fcuk out.

That was billed as a "toughman" style contest. Butterbean certainly wasn't a world class boxer and Bart Gunn had legitimate skills. There wasn't as massive a weight difference between them either. WWE actually expected Bart Gunn to win easily. It's a completely different scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Watched this last night...The whole event seemed weird and slow..Randy Orton looked skinnier than usual...slower than usual...and paler thanm usual...I thought he looked sick or something...I thought the Smackdown EC was Verrrry boring but the finish was good even though im sick of Taker...Rey Edge match was chronic aswell..They obviously had to change the match for him to still be able to be in it..Even Kane could have put on a better match and it would make Edge look even better beating him cleanly...Big Show thing was Ok but obviously staged...RAW EC was the only decent match of the night,,,I thought Umaga was the best to watch in it...Very Boring and Predictable PPV..I defo wont be paying for a PPV on Box Office for a while..I might get Mania though..but thats just cause its Mania

callaway92 wrote: »
    Watched this last night...The whole event seemed weird and slow..Randy Orton looked skinnier than usual...slower than usual...and paler thanm usual...I thought he looked sick or something...I thought the Smackdown EC was Verrrry boring but the finish was good even though im sick of Taker...Rey Edge match was chronic aswell..They obviously had to change the match for him to still be able to be in it..Even Kane could have put on a better match and it would make Edge look even better beating him cleanly...Big Show thing was Ok but obviously staged...RAW EC was the only decent match of the night,,,I thought Umaga was the best to watch in it...Very Boring and Predictable PPV..I defo wont be paying for a PPV on Box Office for a while..I might get Mania though..but thats just cause its Mania

Can you stick to 1 full stop per sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

First of all, MNG, I'm gonna miss ya. Watching Hunter's matches has been fun of late, cos I liked trying to predict what he was gonna do to piss you off.

Next, to the PPV. WOW...what a great PPV to lead up to WrestleMania. Wish I'd bought tickets for 'Mania now, but ah sure there is always next year.

The ending to the SmackDown! EC was class. 'Taker has to be considered to be inthe best shape of his life. Was it me, or did Batista look 'smaller'? I dunno, he just looked more ripped than bloated.

Flair's match was decent. As was the ECW title match. Some of the kicks Punk landed were great. WHC title match was ok to. I'm liking Edge's use of the spear against Mysterio.

WWE title match was booked really well. Cena looked good and Orton was great. I was worried Cena may win it for a while, but a DQ was defo the lesser of two evils.

The RAW EC was probably one of the best I've ever seen to be honest and I've seen everyone of them live bar that piece of crap at D2D. I was really pulling for Hardy and when he kicked out of the pedigree, I was full sure he was gonna win it, but alas, no. Hunter goes to WM to take back what is his. To anyone who says Hunter never puts anyone over, when was the last time an up and comer like Hardy kicked out of the FU?

Minto wrote: »
    when was the last time an up and comer like Hardy kicked out of the FU?

That time will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Minto wrote: »
    The ending to the SmackDown! EC was class. 'Taker has to be considered to be inthe best shape of his life. Was it me, or did Batista look 'smaller'? I dunno, he just looked more ripped than bloated.

i dont htink he is actually smaller per say, its juts before he goes out for a match he bulks up, as in he hits the weights hard which makes you look huge until your muscles relaz a few hours later, i know this because i worked in the point and saw (and met) him warming up, then saw him come out and he looked twice the size, its all about bulkin up before hand and for the EC maybe he didnt do it as hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

A wretched, soul-destroying show in every sense of the word with absolutely mind-boggling booking. It would be humourous if it wasn't so sad.

CM Punk gets pinned clean by Chavo, a guy who in 2008 is an irrelevance.

Cena-Orton should have been kept as the Mania event but instead they give it away early and do a DQ finish. Didn't we get that at Unforgiven before? Disgraceful handling of a PPV match.

Then the main event...(sigh). I've decided I'm not going to rant. I said I wouldn't and I won't. I will firstly congratulate Shawn Michaels on his selflessness - a guy who I was told 2 weeks ago refused to put people over. Funny that because he put Jeff over clean on Raw last week and put you know who over clean in the Chamber match.

But as I say I don't want to rant on 'he who shall not be named'. My feelings are well known. The following is just my final two cents...for the time being at least. For I called the politicking bullsh*t the minute I smelled it the night after the Rumble and as rossie said it has all been so incredibly predictable.

I'm quite astonished that people enjoyed it. I find it insufferable booking and the politics is just TOO MUCH for me to bear any more.

So that's it. I quit. 'Himself' can go on and claim as many World Titles as his heart desires but he can do so without this viewer watching on in disgust, and if this political bollocks is the way the WWE is heading, then I refuse to fork out my money to watch any of their shows again.

I've seen them tarnish ECW and now I feel they are well on the way to tarnishing their own company's legacy, and I'm no longer prepared to sit through the crap in order to see the glimmers of hope (the Jeff Hardys, Matt Hardys, CM Punks of this world).

Because when push comes to shove and it's their chance to shine these guys get brushed to one side - as do the opinions of the fans - and politics rules the day.

See a guy like Christian never gets a chance despite busting his ass and having a strong following. A guy like Bobby Lashley gets given the world on a plate without anywhere near as much work and without a fraction of the support. I always knew this was an unfair system but I was willing to overlook it in the hope that I could see fun TV. But what I'm seeing just isn't fun any more.

I thoroughly hope that a change for the better will arise and that younger guys will be given a chance, and if this happens I might have my interest in WWE rekindled. As we move away from Wrestlemania time I'm sure that's entirely possible if patterns in recent years are anything to go by. Until such a time however I shall leave it be.

I've watched WWE on a regular basis, almost without any hiatus whatsoever, for the past eight or nine years but I'm sad to report that my passion for the product has hit an all-time low. As I switched off my TV catching the last image of 'that guy' pointing to the Wrestlemania logo as he prepares for yet ANOTHER world title match in the Wrestlemania main event, it dawned on me that this outcome was about as difficult to figure out to me as the outcome of an Umaga vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan match on Heat. In other words, not very.

As much as the WWE have given me many great moments as a viewer, I don't watch television for predictable writing. I feel that's what I'm getting. Predictable, and political, writing.

So then guys and girls, I have done. It's been truly a pleasure discussing wrestling with you all, through the good times and the bad times, and I hope to one day soon discuss it with you all again. However judging by the state of the industry, that probably won't be any time soon. I can at least console myself on the grounds that I still have my passion for football to fall back on. While politics certainly has the potential to ruin that beautiful pursuit, I don't feel it's quite happened yet. I can't say the same for WWE.

So then I wish you all good luck and best wishes and I hope that the shows bring you more enjoyment than they have me. Cheerio...

Christ, the drama. If you knew HHH was going to win, then why did you bother watching and why throw your toys out of the pram and act all surprised and offended when your prediction comes true?

Your post is like those articles on wwe.com when someone leaves the company "we wish Mr Nice Guy all the best in his future endeavours":
    utterly predictable yet ultimately futile.

Cheerio, I'll miss your abrasive arguments and dogged persistence.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If ever that was an opportunity for me to make a comeback, this would be it.
    However quite frankly, i don't have the time and this forum doesn't deserve me to be honest.

VR!
    (guaranteed that this is one post MNG will not will not respond to, no matter how much he is tempted)

flahavaj wrote: »
    Christ, the drama. If you knew HHH was going to win, then why did you bother watching and why throw your toys out of the pram and act all surprised and offended when your prediction comes true?

exactly, and come on wrestlemania needs HHH, in the main event, jeff will get his chance, as will many others but just not yet, its clear they are building up to that but now they need their BIGGEST stars in the ain event and they have them....(altho i hate triple threat matches and i always have!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

I would have preferred to see Hardy win the EC match for RAW he is the most over guy in WWE at present and Cena V Hardy would be new

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

callaway92 wrote: »
    ...Big Show thing was Ok but obviously staged...

Considering The Big Slow had a broken nose and was furious when he recieved the blow's from mayweater, it was a good promo but a promo gone wrong!!! even shane o'mac got involved . . . . . . . it looked pretty real to me!!! now there just benefitting from it with a match between the two, the second ec was cool, first was boring, bid daddy v using his signature super duper slap gets boring after the first fifty times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would have preferred to see Hardy win the EC match for RAW he is the most over guy in WWE at present and Cena V Hardy would be new

While I don't really disagree with this, WWEs biggest show of the year in the biggest arena they have ever tried (open to correction on that one), you go with the tried and trusted. The WM main event isn't the place to throw an untested main eventer, much less an untested main eventer against a very suspect one (Hardy and Orton respectively).
    However quite frankly, i don't have the time and this forum doesn't deserve me to be honest.

Thats a nice attitude. if you are looking for a host of "you are one of the better blah blah blahs" you wont get it from me, but then thats because I am a moody so and so ;)

gimmick wrote: »
    While I don't really disagree with this, WWEs biggest show of the year in the biggest arena they have ever tried (open to correction on that one)

I think that might have been Wembley, but that was 15 years ago. I agree with your point. When you look back in history at the guys who've been given a slow build to the main event, it usually works out better in the end than anyone who gets pushed from the midcard right up to the top, like putting Jeff in the Wrestlemania main event would be. They've already given him wins over HHH, Orton and Shawn. I think that he'd end up lost in the shuffle afterwards if they just went ahead and put him in the biggest match of the year. There's absolutely no harm in keeping him on a slow build, and it will more than likely mean more in the end

and also for WM they prefer to have heel vs babyface, and if it was cena vs hardy, 2 of the biggest fan favourites, ther'd be a conflice of interests.

• Advertisement
Advertisement