Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is NBA on TV???

• 17-02-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey just wonderin if anyone knows if were gonna be able to see the NBA on tv this season. i hear sky sports aren't showing it anymore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

No TV channel in Ireland has the rights this year. You can get a Sky card on ebay that will get you channel Five. They have the rights for the rest of this season. There may also be more streaming on nba.com.

ESPN have bought the International TV rights for the next few seasons. They own NASN, so I'm sure they'll automatically get the rights here.

You can also get a subscription to ART Sport for about €80/year on ebay. They show a few games every week with English commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

ro2 wrote: »
    No TV channel in Ireland has the rights this year. You can get a Sky card on ebay that will get you channel Five. They have the rights for the rest of this season. There may also be more streaming on nba.com.

ESPN have bought the International TV rights for the next few seasons. They own NASN, so I'm sure they'll automatically get the rights here.

You can also get a subscription to ART Sport for about €80/year on ebay. They show a few games every week with English commentary.

Whats the story with that ART Sport? Has anyone used it? Is it a good service? I looked it up on ebay but it says it won't work with Sky or NTL boxes so I'm wondering what would I need to get it to work and watch some more ball! God the effort if only I had a transporter I would move to the States! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

jimmay wrote: »
    Whats the story with that ART Sport? Has anyone used it? Is it a good service? I looked it up on ebay but it says it won't work with Sky or NTL boxes so I'm wondering what would I need to get it to work and watch some more ball! God the effort if only I had a transporter I would move to the States! :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dreambox-500S-Satellite-TV-Receiver-new-boxed_W0QQitemZ160223510959QQihZ006QQcategoryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can also watch alot of other sports and movie channels except sky ones if you look in the right places for info:)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

dc69 wrote: »
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dreambox-500S-Satellite-TV-Receiver-new-boxed_W0QQitemZ160223510959QQihZ006QQcategoryZ96970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can also watch alot of other sports and movie channels except sky ones if you look in the right places for info:)

Thanks I'm defo gonna look into that, I'll let u know how I get on. Hopefully it'll be the answer to all my problems :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

What card do I need to buy if I want to get channel 5 on my sky digibox?

• Advertisement
Advertisement