Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price Increases on Toyota's post July 1st

Options
  • 17-02-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Someone in a Toyota dealership told me yesterday that the Toyota Avensis 1.6 Petrol is going up by over €1,000 on 1st July due to VRT changes. A friend of mine who works in the revenue confirmed this to me today. Therefore anyone out there looking to buy a new Avensis petrol better hurry. Annual tax is also going up by €170, which means that if you own the car for 3 yrs you will pay over €500 less motor tax if you buy before July 1st.

I also believe the Toyota Corolla Verso is going up in price by a similar amount, something like €1,200 as is the annual tax by €170.

My sister bought an Auris last month, which is great as told it goes up by €800 post 1st July.

It pays to ask questions:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

4istic wrote: »
    It pays to ask questions:)

IT also pays to read. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055199036

It's all common knowledge.

If she had waited and bought a diesel Auris in July (I assume Toyota offer a 1.4 ish D?) she'd most likely have saved money on the purchase price and tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

nothing new in what you are saying...

most petrols will be going up post June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Diesels will only be a shade dearer(than petrols post July), and way more power in the case of the Avensis as standard.

It's a no brainer really, wait 5 months and get the diesel then.

Don't bother with the Avensis, there's a new one out next year.

Click on the link in my sig, everything you need to know is all there;).

(WARNING: prices quoted are only speculative, don't assume them to be 100% accurate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

E92 wrote: »
    Click on the link in my sig, everything you need to know is all there;).

(WARNING: prices quoted are only speculative, don't assume them to be 100% accurate)

Hey E92, I'm starting to think you might want to put that disclaimer in your sig instead of having to type it all the time... :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 4istic

Stekelly wrote: »

It's all common knowledge.

Sorry stekelly, but i dont think it's common knowledge. You maybe in the know, but I can honestly tell you that alot of people I know are non the wiser and are actually confused about VRT changes. Some of the threads on this board are somewhat to detailed and mostly on impact to bmw. For the common man or women buying a 25k to 30k car, half i'd say don't know a Toyota Avensis petrol is going up by a €1,000 or a Corolla Verso by €1,200 post July 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

4istic wrote: »
    Sorry stekelly, but i dont think it's common knowledge. You maybe in the know, but I can honestly tell you that alot of people I know are non the wiser and are actually confused about VRT changes. Some of the threads on this board are somewhat to detailed and mostly on impact to bmw. For the common man or women buying a 25k to 30k car, half i'd say don't know a Toyota Avensis petrol is going up by a €1,000 or a Corolla Verso by €1,200 post July 1st.

Well when your spending €30k its always good to do a bit of research first.

And just to clarify further it's not Toyota that are putting the price up, its the VRT rates that are changing over to being based on the car's emmissions which are adjusting the price not the manufacturer. Some cars (mostly diesels) may come down in price come July. Motor tax rates will change too come July.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 4istic

See Toyota ireland have posted a news story on their website, about VRT implications. see link below

http://www.toyota.ie/about/news/story/515a5584-e172-44fb-9a32-74cc47f7abb8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

What Toyota Ireland didn't tell you is that the diesels will be €290 to tax if they're on 08 regs and that the diesel should be only a fraction dearer than the 1.6 petrol, even though it's power is the same as the 1.8(well 1 bhp less for the pedantic here).

They also didn't tell you the fact that there will be a new Avensis out next year too(it might even be here this November).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sounds like Toyota have a glut of 1.6 Avensii that they want to get rid of. No mention of any cars that you will make big savings on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As Stekelly pointed out, this is in the sticky!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement