Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone reccomend o2 or Vodafone Mobile BB?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

I'm on Three, getting it refunded ASAP, but wondering would anyone reccomend o2 or Vodafone for mobile Boradband. Cannot get fixed broadband as I'm only a student so I need Mobile Broadband.

I'm living in Maynooth if there's any difference there :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

read the faq http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167684

basically unless somebody comes to our house and tests it they can't say 100% that it will work the way you want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    I'm on Three, getting it refunded ASAP, but wondering would anyone reccomend o2 or Vodafone for mobile Boradband. Cannot get fixed broadband as I'm only a student so I need Mobile Broadband.

I'm living in Maynooth if there's any difference there :rolleyes:

I'm in Maynooth area and use Vodafone BB (Dongle)

Let me know what area you are in and I can check the 3G signal on my Palm Treo/laptop

S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

In Newtown, Rathcoffey Rd. Area

In Newtown, Rathcoffey Rd. Area

I'm the other side near Glenroyal so will drive around by Newtown Inn/Spar area tomorrow and let you know.

S

Cheers, thanks. Is it reliable your side of the village?

• Advertisement

Cheers, thanks. Is it reliable your side of the village?

90% of time it is fine.

Mainly HSDPA or 3G signal is good. Occasionally it goes to 2G or 56k setting but this only lasts a few mins.

Would not be good for gaming as I imagine the latency is not good.

I'm on the outskirts of Maynooth and that of signal so the closer you are to centre of town the better it will be.

S

Sounds reliable so. If you don't mind, please do try and get to bring it to my end of the village and say how it is ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you will be on different sectors, differnt service if you wish.

test at 8pm if poss ( heavy usage)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

o2 will let you try it out for a month.

tested tonight.

very good signal on Palm Treo and good (3 bars out of 5) on laptop.

Straffan Wood / Newtown Inn / Spar areas.

S

• Advertisement

slumped wrote: »
    tested tonight.

S

Cool, and thanks again for the test. Gonna buy one tomorrow if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

slumped wrote: »
    tested tonight.

S

Hi, sorry for butting in, glad you could help the other guy....

I am trying to setup a survey of bb around Ireland and we are wondering what, if any, questions to ask about prices/costs.

Would you mind telling me what your service costs and how much it varies from month to month? I appreciate you may not want to and if so thanks for reading. You can private message me if you wish. I undertake to not divulge the details, we are only interested in seeing if any useful data can be collected. If you can tell me the fixed price plus the data cost and any other 'extras' that will be helpful.

Thanks, Barry

BarryM wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for butting in, glad you could help the other guy....

I am trying to setup a survey of bb around Ireland and we are wondering what, if any, questions to ask about prices/costs.

Would you mind telling me what your service costs and how much it varies from month to month? I appreciate you may not want to and if so thanks for reading. You can private message me if you wish. I undertake to not divulge the details, we are only interested in seeing if any useful data can be collected. If you can tell me the fixed price plus the data cost and any other 'extras' that will be helpful.

Thanks, Barry

I read your piece with a little care and noticed the following:

BarryM wrote: »

'I' changes to 'We' halfway through the sentence

Are YOU doing this yourself or is it Market Research for a company...............

Advertisement