Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I Mad....Brera?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

there is a 1.8 turbo planned for the Brera when it gets mid term facelift later this year.
    http://www.italiaspeed.com/newsite/futuremodels.htm
    I'd expect good CO2 values on that car so it might become the engine of choice in the range especially once people figure out how to boost the turbo aftermarket.
    Me, I think I'd wait to see what the Alfa Junior looks like as that will be nearest we'll get to a great accessible Alfa since the AlfaSud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

well got to work this mornin, opened up the internet explorer, and pretty much stared at this all mornin. http://www.cbg.ie/Cardetail.aspx?CBGID=804725&ID=1579649#

How can ya not love the shape of it :D

Takin a spin in the 3.2 tomorrow lunch so i cant wait

Took a pic of the engine last time i drove it.
    10455231a6967513669l.jpg

nothing better than the sound of a alfa V6....

i'll be certainly considering one for my next alfa....maybe a 169 2.5 V6

GO FOR IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

There a nice car and all that but my brother bought a brand new Brera last year, same one as you're interested... He had it for all of 9 weeks... that might say something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Rory123 wrote: »
    There a nice car and all that but my brother bought a brand new Brera last year, same one as you're interested... He had it for all of 9 weeks... that might say something?

Eh...

could you elaborate???:confused:

Rory123 wrote: »

I've had girlfriends for shorter than 9 weeks...doesn't mean to imply I didn't have a good time...

spit it out....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

well just took a spin in my mates 3.2 brera, and i think im in love. that is such an amazing car. forgot my bloody camera though. Only thing i found strange is the headrest seems to be sloped. so when your resting your head on it, it slides to the left. but i dont care about that :D

ok, i was thinkin of leaving changing my car for a few months before id change to a brera or 159 (or A6/8)

Then i saw this on piston heads

431877-1.jpg

431877-2.jpg

431877-3.jpg

431877-4.jpg

its the colour i want, the engine i want, and the tan leather i want......prob is i cant afford to change. its not fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

You could get a facelift 156 the same size engine for a lot less.

Possibly a better looking interior as well.

Will you be able to afford a 159/Brera when VRT is reduced?

And I thought you wanted a petrol?

If so, the engine in a 3.2 V6 GT is meant to be superior to that in the Brera.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    You could get a facelift 156 the same size engine for a lot less.

Possibly a better looking interior as well.

Will you be able to afford a 159/Brera when VRT is reduced?

And I thought you wanted a petrol?

If so, the engine in a 3.2 V6 GT is meant to be superior to that in the Brera.

well i live in NI during the week, so i dont have to worry about VRT thank god, and the tax is less too.

Id prefer a brera or 159 over the 156, its just a personal thing. was in a brera and loved it.

Id love a 3.2 petrol, but dunno if i can afford to run it as it gets about 25mpg compared to 41mpg for the 2.4JTDM but then again, the way diesel prices are going ya never know

Id love a 3.2 petrol, but dunno if i can afford to run it as it gets about 25mpg compared to 41mpg for the 2.4JTDM.

Take that 41mpg with a large pinch of salt my friend. I have a 1.9JTD and get 37/38mpg. It really depends on the type of driving you will be doing.

I can easily see why you would prefer the 159/Brera over the 156/GT as the styling is quite different.

I think you need to decide on the type (saloon/coupe) and then stick to it.

With the newer lightweight 159 and Brera coming out, I guess residuals on the original models could suffer and you may have a better buying opportunity.

In general, I have found NI cars to be more expensive than their mainland equivalents (Alfa Romeo anyway). There are quite a few 159 JTDs on Autotrader for less than £15k.

Oh yeah, try and get a Ti if money allows!

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Oh yeah, try and get a Ti if money allows!

whats that when its at home

It's the top spec

Alfa Romeo 159 Ti

N.B. even though the article features a SW (estate), it comes as a saloon as well.

i see it comes with QTRONIC. should i look for one with or without it? I know its a 6speed auto gearbox with manual sequential-shift from what i read online but is it a good option?

EDIT i see the qtronic is hard on mpg and has higher emissions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

i see it comes with QTRONIC. should i look for one with or without it? I know its a 6speed auto gearbox with manual sequential-shift from what i read online but is it a good option?

EDIT i see the qtronic is hard on mpg and has higher emissions

....well seeing as your original choice was a 3.2 petrol, I can't see how you'd have an issue with fuel consumption or emissions of a diesel, not matter how bad........

and, seeing as your max tax is GBP£400, compared to the (soon-to-be) Eur2k p.a. here, I can't see many people having sympathy for that concern either...........oh that we should be so lucky !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....well seeing as your original choice was a 3.2 petrol, I can't see how you'd have an issue with fuel consumption or emissions of a diesel, not matter how bad........

and, seeing as your max tax is GBP£400, compared to the (soon-to-be) Eur2k p.a. here, I can't see many people having sympathy for that concern either...........oh that we should be so lucky !!

well my first choice was the 2.4JTDM, but i test drove the 3.2 cos my mate bought one, an it was a cracking car.

Advertisement