Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letterkenny Stag

• 17-02-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I'm trying to organise a Stag weekend in Letterkenny in October, anybody got any suggestions on things to do there or places to go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There have been a couple of threads on this subject if you wish to use the search function in either the Donegal or the North West forum. Im sure some of the Letterkenny brigade here will offer good advice shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Paintballing nearby is great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

valor wrote: »
    Paintballing nearby is great craic.

and the go karting, think its towards ramelton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

There is now a strip club/show in The Central :rolleyes:.

Make sure to go on the right night though ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

mondays is the strip show unless the auld bints get their way and cancel it. b@stards. Go karting is out the ramelton road beside the silver tassie and paaintballing is out the ballbofey road i think.
    nightclubs ummmm
    Voodoo or Milan on wednesdays
    Pulse on Thursday nights
    Voodoo on friday and Saturday
    Grill on Sundays.

They are the best nights in the clubs

and then there are all the pubs etc spread out over the town. Although if it's in October things might well have changed. what are yous lookin for to do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

Go cow tipping. Tis mighty craic.

Be prepared for a crapload of corsa, civics and other badly done up cars. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Caoltan wrote: »

Be prepared for a crapload of corsa, civics and other badly done up cars. :rolleyes:

Plenty of them in the carpack across from "The Plaice" in Ballybofey aswell.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

No major plans. The Stag went to college in Letterkenny prob about 8-9 years ago so it's more a less a trip down memory lane.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Go-karting or paint-balling could defo be done to break up the drinking.

We're going Friday and Saturday night, where's good to stay?

I'd also love to get a stripper for him. But I'd want to get him the biggest fattest, ugliest 40+ year old, anybody got any suggestions, contact details etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

There are a few hotels in the Main Street Area. Quality Court, Gallaghers Hotel and the Ramada Hotel with the Raddisson near enough to the centre.

The Central does not have a strip club, it was to have one night but cancelled.

Bars really depend on what you're into, some of the smaller ones do not like Stag nights.

There are three niteclubs, The Central is older music on a Sat, Milan and Voodoo are Club music, The Pulse is older and have bands and Sister Saras has three floors and a good place to start off.

I think the hotels do better rates if you book inline and Milan is part of Gallaghers so I think you get free admission if residents. All are easy walk to the main bars and clubs.

There is paint balling and karting locally.

The strippers operate out of Derry and I haven't seen a bad looking femaile one though the fellas might be a bit dodgey! Think I can get you a number in any case.

If there is anything you need more help with I'll have a look.

check out www.letterkennyonline.com, www.gallaghershotel.com, www.voodoolk.com, www.milan.ie, www.sistersaras.com and I think the Quality court and raddisson come up under the main sites for their brands. The Central comes up under theblaneygroup.com

Tourist info is 074 9121160

Have a great time!

Fair play Donegalman, thanks for all the info. Any numbers for strippers wouold be much appreciated, as stated before, the older and uglier the better. Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Shels_Gar

A word of caution: The hotels in the town are clamping down on rowdy stags....so if you're staying in any of the places around the main street be prepared for fines and/or cops if your group starts acting the bollix...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,332 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fair play Donegalman, thanks for all the info. Any numbers for strippers wouold be much appreciated, as stated before, the older and uglier the better. Cheers lads.
    Have you tried Aine Chambers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

go to clonmany, but make sure u wear armour.

muffler wrote: »

B@stard i had managed to forget about her. there goes all hope of gettin an erection tonight... and it's my birthday :(

muffler wrote: »

Ya, but apparently she's booked out until 2010, strange times we live in. ;)

Any joy with that phone number Donegalman?

We've booked into the Letterkenny Court hotel and have booked an astro-turf football pitch for Saturday lunchtime for a bit of a kick-about to run the beer out of us.

Any numbers for strippers wouold be much appreciated, as stated before, the older and uglier the better.

your ma?

How about clay-pigeon shooting? Is this available anywhere in or around Letterkenny?

I know there is one just outside of Milford and there should be others dotted about

http://www.dochara.com/play/all/mulroy-clay.php
    One of the very few locations in Ireland which offers skeet shooting, the Mulroy Clay Pigeon Club is registered for both National and Olympic Skeet. The centre runs seven competitive national Skeet shoots and one Olympic Skeet shoot annually.

This is a well equipped centre where expert tuition is available and where both beginners and those with more experience will find plenty to enjoy. They have a very wide variety of shooting available, including Down the line, Sporting, Automatic Ball Trap, Olympic and National Skeet and Compact Sporting.

The centre is located on Mulroy Bay, a lovely part of Donegal and there are plenty of activities and places to see in the area to keep non-shooters occupied while you have fun!

Mulroy Clay have no website but can be contacted by phone at 353 (0)74 9153230

• Advertisement

Cheers, I contacted them and they were very helpful. I think that we may have a winner.

Has anybody ever done this on a stag. Was it good craic? More importantly, did it go down well with the lads?

my mate dick cheney tried it, didn't end so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

pubs in Lk, the cottage, mc ginleys hard to beat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

cottage don't accept stag parties, not sure about mcginleys.

Advertisement