Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on some tracks I've done

Options
  • 17-02-2008 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey All,

I've uploaded a few tracks I've done to www.myspace.com/sabotagemusic79! I'd love to hear some feedback on the tracks. No vocals as of yet cause, well I can't sing and I haven't found a singer so they're mostly just production numbers. There'll be a few other tracks going up (there's about three on there now) and all comments welcome (cause it's hard to tell if stuff you wrote is **** or not). Oh and if anyone knows a singer interested in some vocal duties let me know.

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Hi Smurfrockstar,

Zanadu:
    Do you smoke much? Trippy stuff! I am listening to the first track now, the drums kicking in is nice. The guitar loops is cool too. Bridge is nice too. Nice beats and filtering.I reckon you need a sexy female vocalist ! I like it, its moody.

Drown:
    Nice intro very powerful, silky chimes and sweet piano melody in the back. Again I am feeling something.. God damn can they not release some decent vocal patches (not your fault synth choirs always sound old school 80's vibe)
    Wow! Like the beats kicking sounds fat. Again sexy vocal would be sweet, nothing too crazy.

Shiver:
    Perhaps replace those Gods with a godess. Great beats again. Beats kicking in works very well. Bass line is all nice when it picks up. Like the 'all going off vibe I would nearly pump the piano from one chord at a time to 1234 1234 1234 1234 !

Keep up the good work soldier

Indiana:
    India is the first thing that springs to mind. Zitar all the way. Dang it needs a sweeping female bit of hot sauce to cook the bhundi pinjab! Nice tune. Hot beats again. At this stage I am enjoying your music. Took a moment to tune in. Really nice strings, there should be more!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 smurfrockstar

Cheers Dav,

Nice to get some feedback on the stuff. Always thought that I'd stick some manner of fairly heavily layered female vocal on the top of the tracks or maybe a Matthew Dear half spoken, half sung vocal. Just have to find the vocalist!!!!??!?! Agree about the synth choir as well but unfortuntately it's the best I could find. Few more tracks hopefully going up this evening, give em a listen.

Cheers again.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Cheers Dav,

Nice to get some feedback on the stuff. Always thought that I'd stick some manner of fairly heavily layered female vocal on the top of the tracks or maybe a Matthew Dear half spoken, half sung vocal. Just have to find the vocalist!!!!??!?! Agree about the synth choir as well but unfortuntately it's the best I could find. Few more tracks hopefully going up this evening, give em a listen.

Cheers again.;)

No bother looking forward to hearing them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

really like shiver when it gets going.

sound quality is great too.

would i be right in saying these tracks were made using Reason?

Yep, they do just stink of Reason don't they!!!!;) Can never really get rid of that unidentifiable sound of Reason can you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zanadu -
    tinny top end - the middle is missing.

Drown -
    Some nice textures, again the mix is "toppy" the chiming sound is hard for me to listen to for long.

Shiver - oh compression/limiting mayhem

Indiana - Nice tune with pleasing progressions.

Kill the limiter and wind the levels down by about 5/6 db and work on finding the sweet spot when balancing sounds in the mix - the tracks are pretty wearing on the lugholes right now.

Mike.

Cheers for the advice Mike. To be honest I'm far from the best at mixing and stuff of that nature but I'll definitely give it a go. The original idea was to do these tracks up as demo's and then work from there with somebody who knew stuff about sound, just oddly enough haven't gotten around to it yet!!!

Three more tracks have been stuck up. Give 'em a listen!!!

Advertisement