Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kosova declares Independence

Options
  • 17-02-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

icon10.gifCongratulations Kosova
    I would just like to say Gezuar Paveresine to all Albanians who have become apart of irish communities and their Families back home smile.gif
    Gezuar Pavaresine Dardania( Kosova) smile.gif From the Irish its a great day may peace and happiness come 2 u and all ur people.

Hope u will join me in wishing them peace and happiness
    The streets lined with happy people music singing dancing in Kosova,New york,London,etc....... And i am sure many here in Ireland cried for joy today :)

This is their site http://www.kosovothanksyou.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mick72

This is disgraceful that such an unilateral independence completely ignoring UN and Security Council can be recognized. If I were you I would not be so happy since your independnce will last as long as NATO is there to protect you.

I sympathize with Serbia, since any other state being deprived of their territory would use the army; do you think if North is to break-away tomorrow, the Brits would stand still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

mick72 wrote: »
    This is disgraceful that such an unilateral independence completely ignoring UN and Security Council can be recognized. If I were you I would not be so happy since your independnce will last as long as NATO is there to protect you.

I sympathize with Serbia, since any other state being deprived of their territory would use the army; do you think if North is to break-away tomorrow, the Brits would stand still?

This is not about ur political sympathy for serbia,this is about long awaited and well derserved freedom for these people who have endured stigma and propaganda against them,Murder of their children and husbands.
    Read ur history Kosova was Albanian lands serbians are iranians and if my country took back the north i would be as happy as all Albanians are this is news and its happening now deal with it if u can not congratulate them then go pout somewhere else,
    If ur Irish i am shocked,

Congratulations again to Albanians everywhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

I absolutely agree with Mick72. Serbians have been there for 14 centuries so in no way are Albanians the right owners of this land. Besides, it was them who immigrated to Kosovo, they weren't forced to become Serbs nor dragged out of Albania. There is always a choice for them if they want real freedom - they already have their country. Why they don't want to move there is another issue. I wonder how the Irish would react if the immigrants they have accepted one day claimed independence.

andala wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with Mick72. Serbians have been there for 14 centuries so in no way are Albanians the right owners of this land. Besides, it was them who immigrated to Kosovo, they weren't forced to become Serbs nor dragged out of Albania. There is always a choice for them if they want real freedom - they already have their country. Why they don't want to move there is another issue. I wonder how the Irish would react if the immigrants they have accepted one day claimed independence.

Wow this is a congratulations thread:rolleyes: And u people never give up even when its over, :rolleyes:
    Albanians are original ethnic people of Dardania(Kosova)
    Read ur history or do u choose to ignore the facts cause thats all Serbians deny murder and rape and obscenities inflicted on Albanian Kosovar's. Did u not see the pictures NO? THE News? It happened before in 1912 as well. Read up but u would just deny that and come up with some lame statement as u just did.Serbians did not except Albanians they over run them and murdered as they did in other regions so Serbia ran the whole of the Balkans and they are the only true Ethnic Race of there dont make laugh hold on i just did.:D

A free and happy people they will be and 17 countries have recognized them as Independent Ireland will 2.
    Facts are clear the only people who don't Join and cheer them on are people who condone such horrific acts on other humans. :(

Congratulations again Kosova and Albanians everywhere may the joy and happiness and long awaited freedom be forever and protected.

James Blunt - No Bravery

There are children standing here,
    Arms outstretched into the sky,
    Tears drying on their face.
    He has been here.
    Brothers lie in shallow graves.
    Fathers lost without a trace.
    A nation blind to their disgrace,
    Since he's been here.

And I see no bravery,
    No bravery in your eyes anymore.
    Only sadness.

Houses burnt beyond repair.
    The smell of death is in the air.
    A woman weeping in despair says,
    He has been here.
    Tracer lighting up the sky.
    It's another families' turn to die.
    A child afraid to even cry out says,
    He has been here.

And I see no bravery,
    Only sadness.

There are children standing here,
    Arms outstretched into the sky,
    But no one asks the question why,
    He has been here.
    Old men kneel and accept their fate.
    Wives and daughters cut and raped.
    A generation drenched in hate.
    Yes, he has been here.

And I see no bravery,
    Only sadness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udueUcYtUhw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Cork will be next I tell ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

shqipshume wrote: »
    Albanians are original ethnic people of Dardania(Kosova)

Even Wikipedia expresses doubts as to whether the Thraco-Illyrian tribe was really proto-Albanian. Even if, is that a proof that the borders should go back to the state they were in 30BC? hat would mean kicking all Americans out :D Then there were the Romans, so how about proclaiming it the New Italy? Then it was part of Bulgarian Empire so maybe that's the way?
    Read ur history or do u choose to ignore the facts cause thats all Serbians deny murder and rape and obscenities inflicted on Albanian Kosovar's. Did u not see the pictures NO? THE News? It happened before in 1912 as well. Read up but u would just deny that and come up with some lame statement as u just did.Serbians did not except Albanians they over run them and murdered as they did in other regions so Serbia ran the whole of the Balkans and they are the only true Ethnic Race of there dont make laugh hold on i just did.:D
    I am familiar with my country's history, thank you for concern. By the way, I am Polish not Serbian in case you thought otherwise.

If Serbia is such a bad place why so many Albanians left their home after 1952 and used the chance of shelter Serbia gave them?

I am well aware of what Milosevic's regime did, but don't forget it was communism. And trust me, I have seen evidence of crimes done by Milosevic but I have also seen what the 'peaceful' Albanian UCK did to Serbian people who gave them home.

Again, you haven't answered my question - why did you suffer so much in Kosovo if you could simply get back to your wonderful safe homeland - Albania? And don't give me that "because this land was ours in 30BC" if that was a reason for regaining land, the world wouldn't look today as it does.

A free and happy people they will be and 17 countries have recognized them as Independent Ireland will 2.
    Facts are clear the only people who don't Join and cheer them on are people who condone such horrific acts on other humans. :(
    Yes, others always know what's best for the world - the same way Britain put Israel to where it is now, and UK together with USA gave Poland to Stalin's regime:) Even Hitler had supporters if you don't remember!

I know that the history of the people of Albania is a sad one, and I do feel sorry for what history has done to them. But I cannot agree that stealing another countries' land can be accounted for by means of democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Best of luck to them!

wes wrote: »
    Best of luck to them!

Thank you on their behalf :) very good of u to say :) See makes me proud of My Irish heritage when i see their hearts

Even Wikipedia expresses doubts as to whether the Thraco-Illyrian tribe was really proto-Albanian. Even if, is that a proof that the borders should go back to the state they were in 30BC? hat would mean kicking all Americans out :D Then there were the Romans, so how about proclaiming it the New Italy? Then it was part of Bulgarian Empire so maybe that's the way?

I am familiar with my country's history, thank you for concern. By the way, I am Polish not Serbian in case you thought otherwise.

If Serbia is such a bad place why so many Albanians left their home after 1952 and used the chance of shelter Serbia gave them?

I am well aware of what Milosevic's regime did, but don't forget it was communism. And trust me, I have seen evidence of crimes done by Milosevic but I have also seen what the 'peaceful' Albanian UCK did to Serbian people who gave them home.

Again, you haven't answered my question - why did you suffer so much in Kosovo if you could simply get back to your wonderful safe homeland - Albania? And don't give me that "because this land was ours in 30BC" if that was a reason for regaining land, the world wouldn't look today as it does.

Yes, others always know what's best for the world - the same way Britain put Israel to where it is now, and UK together with USA gave Poland to Stalin's regime:) Even Hitler had supporters if you don't remember!

I know that the history of the people of Albania is a sad one, and I do feel sorry for what history has done to them. But I cannot agree that stealing another countries' land can be accounted for by means of democracy.

I am not going to get in to Political debate with u over this, Funnily enough i heard the same argument from Serbian before wonder why?
    Anyway i will leave it 2 the true people this is about to discuss with u and give u the details and answers u ask for as i am Irish and i can not do their History as much Justice as they will themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭SeanW

Good for them! Hope it works well.

Re: somoene said about bypassing the U.N. I understand Russia made that unavoidable by point blank refusing to accept the referendum. Now the Russians are complaining about their own ex-Soviet territories that may do the same thing, well TOUGH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AuLoNa

God Bless Dardania(Kosova)
    God Bless America
    God Bless Albania

God Bless all the people that stand for freedom and justice for all.

Come come again, Wikipedia:rolleyes: can't you find a better source than that!

Good no one is telling you your country's history, so who gives you the right to came and make other peoples history.;)

Really, Albanians left in 1952, hahahhah, wow how much dumber can you be.

Sorry again you are confusing history my dear Polish, serbian did not give no ones home, Albanians are in their own land.

Kosova is part of Albania, but you are to dumb to know that. And it's not about 30 BC, is about where Albanians live in their own land.

Sorry it is not their land it belongs to Albanians, the sooner you and some dumb accept it the better will be. Now go get a nap

WOW I truly have to say that you have officially graduated for the dumbest internet school on the planet. You are not only embarrassing your self, but also your country which I guess educated you.

I guess we are in need of people like you just to amuse us with their theories that have no base.

Congratulation's on your stupidity....:D

mick72 wrote: »

What is disgraceful, that we got back what is ours.

Sorry but Serbia used the military help that Russia has provided them.

Don't worry now is a new day, all Albanians will always fight together for our rights.

Go ahead sympathize with Serbia, no one is telling you not to. But you are sympathizing for the wrong reasons.

So how come this wonderful Christian people of Serbia, which I am Christian my self, attacked Croatia who are Christian and burned their churches since they identify themselves as devoted Christians.

We Albanians were here first and we are going to be here at the end.

I want personally form the Albanian community around the world to thank all those that support us. Also even the ones that do not support our cause and see the truth, I am not going to be hateful, but rather point out the lack of short knowledge that they have, and make sure I educate them about what is right and what is wrong.

THANK YOU ALL...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

AuLoNa wrote: »
    God Bless Dardania(Kosova)
    God Bless America
    God Bless Albania

060303_GUANTANAMO_vmed_4p.widec.jpg
    You were saying?

America won't be so nice to you once you rub them up the wong way. Anyway, Serbia is paying a heavy price today (with her democratic government) for stuff Milosevic did, however if I were a serb I'd probably be glad to be shot of a place full of Albanians. I do feel sorry for the small minority of serbs left in Kosovo of course.

murphaph wrote: »
    You were saying?

America won't be so nice to you once you rub them up the wong way. Anyway, Serbia is paying a heavy price today (with her democratic government) for stuff Milosevic did, however if I were a serb I'd probably be glad to be shot of a place full of Albanians. I do feel sorry for the small minority of serbs left in Kosovo of course.

We are gonna go there are we, WOW There is some Irish who i am ashamed of _605237_woman300.jpg
    The Serbian people deny it and therefore condone what happened in my mind makes them guilty 2.:mad:
    No one condoned what America did in ur picture but it is completely different story there however much there was wrong done i dont agree with there.They were fighting Islamic extremists,Milosevic was fighting women and children and burying them 2 hide it.Serbians saw the truth and dismissed it. So that right in ur eyes yes?
    U have no standing as u agree with the murder of children and women.

P.S Albanians are true ethnicity of Kosova

murphaph wrote: »
    You were saying?

And another for ur oh so caring Serbians
    Serbs Give Back Remains

Updated:16:18, Friday June 30, 2006
    <H2>The last remains of ethnic Albanians killed in Kosovo and buried in mass graves in Serbia have been returned.

A total of 110 sets of bones were handed over to the UN authorities at Merdare, the boundary crossing between Kosovo and Serbia.

</H2>1421985.jpg Kosovo Albanians pay respects to relatives

Family members of those missing gathered at the boundary in scorching heat to pawait the remains of their loved ones.
    The victims are believed to be ethnic Albanian civilians killed by Serb forces during the 1998-1999 war.
    Their bodies were removed from Kosovo in an apparent cover-up attempt by then-Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic. He is now facing war crimes charges at The Hague.

Shall i continue?

Congratulations Albanians everywhere and In Kosova for their great day and happy future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

....but Serbia in its current incarnation handed Milosevic over to the ICJ ;)

As I said, if I were a Serb I'd probably be glad to be rid of Kosovo which would have dragged them down to the likes of Albania (hardly a shining light, it was even p!ss poor and backwards by eastern bloc standards!).

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread closed before it degenerates even further into a slagging match.

shqipshume, this forum is for the discussion of politics. If you don't want a political discussion, don't post here.

AuLoNa, if all you can do is call people dumb, don't bother posting here either.

Everyone can take this evening to think about what they want to say in a calm and reasonable manner, and if they have anything intelligent to say about Kosovo, they can start a thread in the morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement