Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken P226 mag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Kj is a clone of the tm model so i would see no reason why not although there can sometimes be small differences in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Puding wrote: »
    Kj is a clone of the tm model so i would see no reason why not although there can sometimes be small differences in size.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If ya have all the pieces superglue worked great for me!

I ordered a P226 mag earlier in the year and about 10 minutes after
    I bought it managed to break it.

p226-mag.jpg

Thanks bullets but no I dont have all the pieces the lips broke off and they were closely followed by the spring luckly to get the spring as this happen at the range in Hrta.

just in case anyone was wondering the TM mag lips fit the Kj mag just fine. one broken mag now working just fine.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The mag lips on kjw's are notorious for breaking, the TM's less so.

I have a couple of kjw mags, and the thing to do is avoid at all times, allowing the follower to snap up against the lip of the mag.

Just general advice for kjw owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 I11

cpb wrote: »
    just in case anyone was wondering the TM mag lips fit the Kj mag just fine. one broken mag now working just fine.:D
    Where did you get the TM mag lips? What is the TM part number?

I have a KJW P-226FM as well with broken mag lips and I haven't been able to find any store anywhere that has the lips listed as spare parts. Neither have I found any contact details for the Kuan Ju Works factory!

Just in case someone wonders, the KJW part # for the "BB lips" as they call them is 73 according to the manual delivered with my gun (the model number in that manual is "KP-01", while the case has that "P-266FM" number).

I did hear that they are easy to break, but I just dropped the damn thing once (on a plastic wall to wall carpet floor) to ruin it. If someone thinks like me that using mag holders designed for the real P226 magazines will work with these, think again. At least mine (Höppner und Schumann Speedmag 3) are too short to properly grip these KJW magazines, which have the lip riding on the bottom of the mag holder, making them also that much higher. I also think my real P226 X5 17 round 9mm magazines are a little bit thicker.

Luckily I have spare mags but at 30 EUR a piece delivered to Finland I would rather order a dozen new mag lips probably for less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ehobby sell them.,

vtec wrote: »
    ehobby sell them.,
    Which one? Do you have a link to them? If you meant the link from the first post, that one is already sold and no other samples available from the same eBay Store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

oh their site contents isnt back up to speed yet after the problems they had. give it about 2-3 days and you should see one on there, there updating stuff constantly,.

• Advertisement

Since I need all my mags working and can't wait, I ordered the replacement lips from here. These appear to be aftermarket parts, which are supposed to last longer than the OFM parts (which I couldn't find either from KJW or TM).

Now I just need to figure out where I can get mag pouches that hold these securely and still allow fast tactical reload drills...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

My KJW P226 mag started leaking again last night.

This is the extra mag that I purchased and not the one supplied with the P226.

When I had initially purchased the extra magazing I noticed its construction was different to the one supplied with the pistol. On the first fill of gas it was leaking and naturally didn't operate the pistol correctly.

I had carefully tightened the screw on the botrtom of the magazine located next to the fill valve. This appeared to cure the problem, but last night it reared its ugly head again.

I had a look on the internet regarding this problem and other peoples experience and the best I could come up with was that people seemed to put sewing thread around the o-ring that seals the two body peices of the magazine. I felt that this is a little inadequate and I was asking myself the question why was sewing thread used? To fill the gap surely. What would you use to seal a water fitting or gas or compressed air fitting? Answer = PTFE tape & where required Red Foliac compound.

I disassembled the magazine and applied a few turns of PTFE tape over the lower peice of the body, directly over the o-ring and also around the smaller o-ring that seals the screw.

Reassembling the body and carefully tightening the screw (so as not to damage the threads or allen head) provided what seems to be an adequate cure to the leak. This morning the mag is still full of gas. I'll check it again this evening but I'm a lot more hopeful that te leak has been cured.

So it does seem that poor sealing by the body o-ring and in all probability the o-ring under the screw are the main offenders in this type of magazine. PTFE tape would seem to be a more logical solution to sealing these magazines rather than the sewing thread fix that I have seen on the internet.

I can confirm that the leak seems to have been successfully fixed using PTFE tape and the magazine will now hold gas over time comparable to the magazine supplied with the KJW P226.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Nice fix Tactical, will remember that one

iceage wrote: »
    Nice fix Tactical, will remember that one

:D

It worked for me, there are other fixes though and there is a link on a post that gives some really useful photographs and fixes too.

What ever works best for you is the one to use.

The search for good mag lips for KJW P226FM continues...

The ones I bought from Wolf Armouries (Proud brand) both already failed. The question I have is that are the ACTION and G&P brand "enchanced" lips any better than the Proud ones?

It appears the only lips that I still have intact are the ones on the additional magazine bought from RedWolf Airsoft (KJ-MAG-P226). I suspect this mag is an OFM part (at least it reads KJ WORKS on the base plate bottom). However, this is a different model of magazine than the one delivered with the gun originally (the original has two compartments, the new mag has just one). The original lips on the original mag failed like the replacement lips, the lips on the additional mag are still original to that mag as delivered to me.

I haven't dropped the mags anymore, now the lips are breaking just by "competition reloading" (basically a tactical reload, just done faster and with sufficient force to lock in with one motion). I know this is technically against the manual, which states that magazine changes must be conducted with the slide locked open. Unless that's a huge coincidence, the difference between the mags shows that there are lips out there that can take the abuse.

I know I could train mag changes with my real P226, but the reason I have this airsoft gun is that I can train as I shoot without going to the range (more than 3 times a week that is... :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tactical wrote: »
    I can confirm that the leak seems to have been successfully fixed using PTFE tape and the magazine will now hold gas over time comparable to the magazine supplied with the KJW P226.

Nice.

On the topic of KJ mags, my new M9 is lovely but the mag supplied is weird. It seems to have smaller gas capacity....well, seems to take a full fill on the 2nd fill? My old two which are bashed to sh1te fill fine, but this one...

Advertisement