Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your day?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

PRO: I actually understood some of what the Maths lecturer said.
    CON: I didn't see the "Religion at UCD" thread before it was closed. (Goddamnit!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

CON: I spent 4 (read: four) hours waiting for my last lecture only to, 5 minutes before it was to start, discover that it aint on! :mad:

PRO: I discovered that the back seat of my car is absolutely adequate for taking a nap, if sufficiently tired! :D Even when parked a stone throw from an active pneumatic drill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

PRO: I am getting better at rock climbing!
    CON: Getting better involves being sore a lot.

PRO: stereoroid didn't discover the troll topic until it was locked, meaning one less meal for said troll (no offense)
    CON: that thread ever happened at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

PRO: Editors was unbelievably amazing today and i'm super drunk and yet spelling well

CON: my thesis work sucked today and got given out to - oh and i have my mates a4 pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Pro: Went to see Paris (film) with my German friends who are leaving this weekend, it was really good and sweet, with a nice mix of love stories and quick glimpses of people's lives. Was in Paris (city) yesterday having a pleasantly random romantic afternoon stroll with a Greek girl I met on the bus there at 8am.
    Saw various places I'd passed and visited in event B while watching film A. 'twas cool.

Cons: Popcorn was sweet, not salted, I can no longer sleep before 4am due to boards/misc internet crap and my wrists hurt from low chair/bulky laptop combination. I'm quite far behind on various letters/projects I need to do (neaaarly finished, Pretty*Monster :p:p) and college starts back on Monday.. I also need to pick my courses...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

PRO: Actually enjoeyd the eGovernment awards and dont have a hangover in work.
    Con: I actually have to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Pro: This is my last day in work for two weeks...
    Con: ...because I'm taking study leave so i can take a punishingly intensive two week long Hermenutics course. And passive hasn't written to me from France yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

PRO: Got my very first car this week
    CON: Am not great at driving said car

PRO: Loving my thesis topic
    CON: 100 year old book spores hurt my asthmatic lungs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

PRO: passed my driving test yesterday
    CON: I'm now sick at home with what I think is the winter vomiting bug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

PRO: went out to sciday-night las night and enjoyed myself
    CON: really tired and have to face into work, 3 lab reports and a chem tutorial this weekend...........:(

• Advertisement

Red Alert wrote: »
    PRO: passed my driving test yesterday

'grats :)

PRO: Had a rather pleasant Friday night in work for a change! :)

CON: Back in tomorrow....... and Sunday..... booo........
    CON: Discovered a flat just before going to college, so had to get it fixed and ended up not having time to get in for my lecture. As such I probably missed the most important lecture of the semester or sumat :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

PRO: Just had a nice meal out!
    CON: Just received details for a project we've to do for operating systems between three people. Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

pro: a 2-hour lecture was cancelled
    con: it was cancelled because our lecturer was away attending the funeral of another of my lecturers, Myles Christian, who died suddenly last week. :(

CON: Was driving around for about 45 minutes trying to find parking this morning. Wanted to KILL EVERY PERSON I SAW! Even the Law car park was full!!! And the barrier was down, so had to drive out of college and around when I wanted to check the other car parks, etc.
    Ended up getting a space at Law eventually :rolleyes:

PRO: ehh.... ill get back to ya....

Doubly CON: The roads in UCD SUCK BALLS!!! It's like driving through a warzone at times.
    Also anybody else hate the little road going from the Law building to the gravel car park? There's 2 ramps on it and they shatter my car to its core every time I go over them, no matter how slow. It's gonna end up damaging the wheels at some point and then I'll be very upset........ and litigious! That poxy raised manhole cover is another obstacle that needs to be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Pro: Nothing
    Con: Tired.

Thanks for the detailed update Pride Fighter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

pro:feel great all the time as always
    con:find out just ate the last pill

PRO: Today is my last day of lectures as an undergraduate ever.

CON: Wrecked tired from thesis, elections and work and working tonight so no celebratory drinks for me for finishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

PRO: One midterm down
    CON: It was a relatively easy exam and I botched it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

PRO: Started my Quants project.
    CON: My bag broke when I got off the bus, spilling all my notes, phone and smokes under the moving bus, which happily destroyed everything but the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Pro: none
    Con: Am feeling like ****. Weak as a kitten, constantly tired, hot one minute freezing the next 5, sore back and to top it all off i really need to study for maths :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Pro: Got to sleep on
    Con: Sick as a dog since this morning, but need to go into college later.

CON: Really tired because of lack of sleep.... preventing me from doing assignments that I need to do.
    PRO: Going to the pub soon with mates I haven't seen in a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

PRO: I'm almost finished my essay
    CON: I'm in the library until 11pm on a Friday night in the hope I finish it :(

Bloody hell dude, sneak a naggin in next time or somethin! Have a bit of a party, it's the weekend :D

Pro: This time next week I expect to not have a notion what's going on as I will have handed in my thesis.

Con: I'm still getting rather confused by my stats and the end seems further away than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

PRO: I'm not working for the first weekend in a while, and will be at a games convention all weekend

COM: My feet hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

PRO: I handed in two papers today, kicked my own ass at the gym, and found out I was accepted to a summer field school in Menorca.
    CON: I am too tired from staying up pretty late (as I wrote both of those papers yesterday) to take advantage of the fact that it's Friday night and am going to bed now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

PRO: Got hammered last night, woke up with miraculously non-existant hangover this morning and now I'm settling down to watch the footie
    CON: I have a sh*tload of work to do, for my next meeting with my thesis supervisor next week, which I am shamefully continuing to ignore

Advertisement