Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your day?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pro: I have a ton of chocolate at home for after work.

Con: I'm back in work today after being in London for the weekend, my job sucks, and tbh I just want to go back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Con: I have tonsillitis again. I'm not sick enough to skip work or get extensions but am sick enough to be in pain and have trouble concentrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Pro: I just got an easy job for good money working in the U.S. for the WHOLE summer.
    Con: I have so much to do before I go that I have no idea how I'm ever going to get it all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

PRO: I got up at 6am and went to all of my classes.
    CON: I wanted to have a proper lunch at 11am but nowhere on campus does a proper lunch at that time so I had to settle for a chicken roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

PRO: Learned that I don't have many assignments left for the semester..... awesome.
    CON: I still have no motivation to actually study, and am now messing with my phone rather than working :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Pro: I have a ton of chocolate at home for after work.

Con: I'm back in work today after being in London for the weekend, my job sucks, and tbh I just want to go back to college.
    I too was in London... well, Croydon. Doesn't really count tbh.
    Now I'm faced with the slightly overwhelming prospect of reams of work to catch up on with my thesis, and as ever I'm ignoring it and spending my time on boards. Bloody hell.

PRO: Um... It looks like a nice enuff day out this window. Sunny n the like. Also football on later this evening. Might be alright. *shrug*

CON: Ill, stupid man-cold. Slept in this mornin' when I meant to go to the NAI to do badly-needed research. No food in the gaff. No milk for tea. No washing powder to do me laundry. No dishwasher powder either. Generally sh*te state of affairs really.

Moany bast*rd aren't I?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I overslept and missed a pretty important 4 hour lecture and now my ass is on the chopping block. CON CON CON CON !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Grimes wrote: »
    I overslept and missed a pretty important 4 hour lecture and now my ass is on the chopping block. CON CON CON CON !

Environmental again???

boneless wrote: »
    Environmental again???

Human Horn in Archaeology. Same co-ordinator though

PRO: Not too many assignments to do before the end of the year
    CON: Haven't started any of them :D
    CON2: Either someone is using the library as a place to learn to play the drums, or they're doing renovations. Is there really urgent renovations needed, or could it not have waited 1.5 months? Is the ceiling falling down? Or are they just hanging up a portrait of Brady?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

DaveMcG wrote: »
    CON2: Either someone is using the library as a place to learn to play the drums, or they're doing renovations. Is there really urgent renovations needed, or could it not have waited 1.5 months? Is the ceiling falling down? Or are they just hanging up a portrait of Brady?

Actually, they're chiseling the concrete into a bust of Brady. Much like Mount Rushmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

CONs: I have to write 2500 words by Wednesday at three, and I've barely started the research, meaning I'll miss rock climbing for the third time in a row. My apartment is a huge mess because none of my roommates seem to be able to take the initiative on vacuuming or taking out the trash and I'm too busy trying to get my work done. And on top of this, I have a pretty bad cold.

PRO: It's spring!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

PRO: I finished an essay today, weather was nice for a while too, I have food in my fridge.
    CON: I went paintballing on Saturday and I have bruises everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

PRO: Goin' drinkin in Ranelagh wit a few mates this afternoon, having spent the last two days doing pretty much the same (wit different peeps each time tho, different watering holes too).

CON: Missing a beers tonight wit Rozabeez, agent_smith, MarkMI6 et al, and I haven't seen them since before Chrimbo so that kinda sux. Maw.:(

PRO 2 (just to make me feel better): Almost finished my thesis!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Pro: Got Elected Postgrad Officer of UCDSU

Con: Arm is still totally ****ed, looked like a weirdo these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

PRO: I'm finished college on 15th May.

CON: I have five assignments and four exams to complete until then. :(

Pro: I cleaned my office and put in mood lighting.
    Con: I have to go into my office to do work

Pro: About 95% finish planning my essay... writing it should be easy enough. Chopping it down to 800 words will be pain though! :eek:
    Con: In work at 4pm, and so will miss the match :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Pro: I've written about 3/4 of an essay

Con: I've 4 more to do and it's like pulling teeth out to try and even do it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

pro: its my 21st birthday tuesday & i'm going to spend it doing SFA to do with college. I'm going to drink some beer, visit one of dublin's premier metal bars and go see phil anselmo in the flesh. happy days.

con:i have to write an essay on klymlika's model of universal citizenship before then. yawn.

• Advertisement

Happy birthday mrs sparkle . (not a metal head name btw)

Best of luck with Kymlicka. I'm doing the Okin essay on the contradiction between feminism and multiculturalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Grimes wrote: »
    Happy birthday mrs sparkle . (not a metal head name btw)
    thank ya :) haha no, its most definately not. i'm full of suprises though!

Chakar wrote: »
    Best of luck with Kymlicka. I'm doing the Okin essay on the contradiction between feminism and multiculturalism.

ooh, good luck. how are you finding it so far?

ooh, good luck. how are you finding it so far?

It's all right so far, just typing it up at this stage. I'm going to finish it off tomorrow. It's a draft so we'll have the opportunity to improve it for the final submission.

How's yours getting on?

CON1: I think there's dirt under my laptop keyboard, and it's f*cking up my typing
    CON2: It's annoying me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

Pro: I'm after finding a really cool flash game, called Dolphin Cup.

Con: It's 1:55am. I've an accounting exam at 8:30am. I've went to this class 3 times in 13 weeks. I'm on my fourth topic out of 8 cramming wise. And I'm addicted to that f**king game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

PRO: Sunshine and football
    CON: History essay is a thorn in my side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Pro: I finish my last ever UCD written exams tomorrow.
    Con: I haven't got a tap done since my second last written exam finished yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Pro: I got a B+ essay result
    Con: I didn't get an A+ essay result

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Pro: my Exam timetable is nice, well-spaced, even if I have an exam on Saturday evening.
    Con: Maths! So many bits of seemingly-random info flying at me, with no sense of WHY. It's like being pecked to death by ducks.

Advertisement