Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats that smell?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I know its probaly old news but is anybody else getting a woefull smell coming from their upstairs bathroom and also from outside their front door?

I`ve only recently notice water coming from the sewer outside my door. I`ve tried pooring all sorts of concoctions in the hope of unblocking what ever it is that is causing this monstrosity but nothing seems to help.

Is there some goverment body who is in charge of sanitation like the council or is it up to the resident to look into it, as it is just a germ ridden cesspit with a nasty disease waiting to occur.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

My suggestion, Dyna Rod.

This is not healthy, you should sort it ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I would suggest your first avenue of enquiry should be your Managment Company.

You'll get the contact details in the Useful Numbers and Links Sticky at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 needabreak

Cheers, I will see if there is a number in one of those links you mentioned.

I heard on the grapevine that the sewerage pipes aren`t the best due to the builders corvering most of them over during construction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

needabreak wrote: »
    Cheers, I will see if there is a number in one of those links you mentioned.

I heard on the grapevine that the sewerage pipes aren`t the best due to the builders corvering most of them over during construction.

we had the same problem and spoke to the Buiilders to see about bill was told we should have contacted them first so ring Durkans! unfortunately as the drain is outside the house it is not covered by Mgt Co or so I was told we had to get the drain doctors out that sat night would recommend them if needed but ring Durkans or the foreman first might save you a few quid if only we knew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

anniec wrote: »
    we had the same problem and spoke to the Buiilders to see about bill was told we should have contacted them first so ring Durkans! unfortunately as the drain is outside the house it is not covered by Mgt Co or so I was told we had to get the drain doctors out that sat night would recommend them if needed but ring Durkans or the foreman first might save you a few quid if only we knew!

pm me to discuss!

• Advertisement
Advertisement