Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nordmende 50" TV for 999

• 17-02-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Nordmende 50" plasma in Powercity, anyone know if Nordmende are still a good make? Is this a good TV? The KAL group imports Nordmende know, but you can't find any info on the web about them, other than Thomson discontinued the name in 1997. Dunno who took it up...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I think you already know the answer to this one!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Personally, I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Got it for 930 in Powdercity. Good picture, way better than an LCD equivalent.

Comes with wall mount, even though I have a brick wall, the weight of the thing would make me think twice.

Remote is brutal.

Two spikes in the base go up through TV and you fasten tv to stand with 4 screws - only two provided. I got two others lying around, but jaysus, come on.

Speakers are not great, hooked it up to my cheapo stereo and blew them away. Still, they're detachable so you can throw them out if you like.

Overall, happy - it's a big ass TV for little money in comparison to others on sale. And the picture is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WexfordBoi

ok here goes!!!!!

A few months ago I bought a Nordmende 32" Smart TV, and it came with a dongle so I can connect to the internet, but as of yet I have not been able to connect, I have rang Nordmende in Dublin over and over and over again, and have never gotten through to anyone who can help me, All I want to do is have my tv connected to my wifi, is there anyone out there that can help me???????

If I had of known it would be this much trouble I would not have bothered getting the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You bought that TV because you recognised the brand name, same as the people in the UK I saw scrambling to get their hands on cut-price TVs on so-called Black Friday, they were literally fighting to buy Polaroid and Blaupunkt TVs :eek:

If you haven't seen the brand for years and it suddenly reappears, it's because some clever dick bought the brand name 'off the shelf', same as Argos did with Bush.

Beko have started doing the same in an attempt to go upmarket, if you see a Grundig radio or a Blomberg oven in your local electrical store, it's made by Beko.

Moral of the story: avoid brands that rise from the dead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement