Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Module Assessment Changing Mid Semester

Options
  • 17-02-2008 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Ok

Some of us are having a problem. It would appear that the module assesment description in the enrolement SIS has changed since term began. Now may I ask UCD admin who read here to contact me regarding the legalities of me paying and signing up for modules on basis on the elective information SIS in Decemeber if they are going to change the elective assessment methods at any point during the term they wish.

Anyone else being treated like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Interesting. On the module descriptor pages at the bottom they have "Curricular information is subject to change". Which would ultimately cover them. As there was an expectation that you were to be examined the format technically shouldn't matter as long as sufficient notice was provided.

I imagine one of the following happened:
    1) The format was decided but was never updated in time on SIS.
    2) The assessment style could have been inappropriate (there may not have been enough scheduled or deemed adequate to examine you).

Either way fairly crappy as I imagine you would have chosen a different module based on the assessment type. Some people are terrible at MCQs or don't want to have to do a practical exam. If this is a compulsory module your module coordinator should have notified you at the start of the semester.

What has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I apologise. I didnt see the disclaimer at the bottom. The weighting system for some of my assesments has changed. What was 50/50 is now 20/80 ect

Advertisement