Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this case a good Quite choice?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Do you mean QUIET?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

Yes
    Spelling in capital letters i thought would defeat the purpose of quIET ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

:D

Not sure about the case, but 17-19db sounds quite good. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

thats quiet but the noise will depend on your components i.e case fans, graphics cards, cpu cooler, hard drives etc. what are you planning to put in the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

its a killer case. very sexy looking and so much room for everything you can think of.

with an atx board there is tons of room for cable management.
    lots of room for pci cards
    lots of room for harddrives and optical drives

and tons of room for a decent sized rad, res and pump if you decide to watercool.

as for noise, 17 - 19db is very low but it depends on what gpu, cpu and fan you put on the cpu.

• Advertisement

4-6 hdd's
    2 graphics cards in sli
    overclock cpu, ram etc
    Lets say i go down the zalman route for cpu fan , can you recommend one thats quite and does the job?
    im intending to water cool further down the road :P

will be a decent hum of it so.
    depends on the gpu's fan's if you change them to silent ones or if they are heatpipes or not.
    in the end, you can change all fans to silent ones or lower the voltage to make them run slower and make less noise.

so it has the thumbs up from the boards crew then?

don't go down the zalman route if you want to overclock and get low noise emissions, get a thermalright ultra extreme and mount a quiet fan on it. 4-6 Hard drives depending on there type and their uses will make some noise. If one is a raptor then say goodbye to low noise, If you are running them in a raid then you'll have noise issues aswell, if the gpu cards are noisy then no case can silence that

but as for size and ease of use i'd say you're okay, it looks pretty good with watercooling

thanks for the comments. they were all helpful, so am i to take it that there is nothing better out there then, i should buy ?

• Advertisement

requiem1 wrote: »
    4-6 Hard drives depending on there type and their uses will make some noise. If one is a raptor then say goodbye to low noise, If you are running them in a raid then you'll have noise issues aswell, if the gpu cards are noisy then no case can silence that

raptor's are pretty bad alright. best method ive found so far is to suspend them with hanger's. it at least stops the vibrations.
    worst case is he could replace the gpu fans with something a little less powerful maybe a heatpipe with a decent 120mm silent fan somewhere?

x keo21 wrote: »
    thanks for the comments. they were all helpful, so am i to take it that there is nothing better out there then, i should buy ?

Cases are a really personal choice, its not the best case performance wise and it doesn't appeal to me in the looks department but if its what appeals to you its a solid case. what else have you looked at? did you check out this thread?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

If you want a case PURELY to be efficient at cooling and quietness then no, this is not a good choice.

A good rule of thumb is that if it has a window its not a quiet pc case.

2 better options would be the Antec P182 or the Cooler Master Cosmos

But if you need the bling of a window and like a case that isn't fugly and can be taken out at LANs with pride then get the one you've chosen, although don't expect it to be amazing at dampening sound.

Also, like others have said, a quiet PC STARTS with quiet components. Get low noise fans and rubber mounts for your HDD's

Advertisement