Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any difficulties with Western Cellular

Options
  • 17-02-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought my daughter a Nokia 5200 for Christmas. The micro Sd card could not be formatted. I left the card and phone in, they said that they wanted the phone as well even though there was no problem with the phone. When I collected it a few days ago the card was broken intwo and they said that this was the way it was before it was left into them.
    I'm so annoyed that a company treated me like this. Has anybody had a similar experience with this company, and what was the outcome? Advice welcome

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Moved from Radio.

Apologies if it should be in Mobiles etc, I felt it was more a Consumer Issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pmeagher

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

pmeagher wrote: »
    When I collected it a few days ago the card was broken intwo and they said that this was the way it was before it was left into them.

Ask them why would they accept in an SD card that was broken in two? There's no way in the world to repair that, so why would they even take it. Answer, they wouldn't.

I presume Western Cellular is the shop where you bought the phone. You shouldn't have accepted back the phone and card after they broke it. Go back in, ask for the manager and say you want a refund for the damage they caused or you'll take them to the Small Claims Court.

Advertisement