Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the worst new car for sale today?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

What would you say is the worst new car on the market today, or is there no such thing?Are all cars built well compared to the scrap back in the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Generally i feel that bad cars today are cars that serve no purpose in the marketplace.Heres one - Suzuki Jimny.Thirsty on fuel, high on CO2, Very little space....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tata Safari, easily.
    The lads on the Naas Road still have a few left, so they're still on sale!
    tata-safari-2005.jpg
    yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »

It's called Brilliance, how can it be bad.:)

In fairness, that impact ejector drivers door seems like something that could be developed. "Buy a brilliance, you'll never have to be cut out of a car again" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

colm_mcm

You mean the Brilliance BS6 is not on sale here? Boo! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement

This confined to cars on sale in Ireland?

If not, then there's a load of cars that qualify!

That youtube video is absolutely shocking.And that was at summat like 35mph????Certain death for the driver???I bet the jimny would do better than that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

colm_mcm wrote: »

Up to you!:D

colm_mcm

You mean the Brilliance BS6 is not on sale here? Boo! :p

Mike.

If you really want a car to die in, you could always get yourself a Voyager.

I'd imagine the Chinese will comeout with a few shockers until the (maybe) get it right eventually.

Can American cars still not go around corners?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

In Ireland: Daewoo Matiz (I refuse to acknowledge those yokes as Chevrolet's).
    In the world: Pretty much any Proton/Perodua/Tata/etc.

there's far worse than Proton/Perodua/Tata! some of the stuff they're building in China/Russia would shock you!

Yes i seem to remember tatas at the ploughing match one year, build quality and tastefull design didnt seem to be strong points!!

friend of mine cut his hand on the door handle of a Tata Safari at the ploughing..

friend of mine cut his hand on the door handle of a Tata Safari at the ploughing..
    Nuff said!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Geez that is scary , compare it to even a 206 on the same site.
    The BMW 325 Ncap test looks comfy put along side that Brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

there's far worse than Proton/Perodua/Tata! some of the stuff they're building in China/Russia would shock you!
    Yeah, there's still many rehashes of '80s cars (and possibly still older) still in production in China and other less developed countries.

I think the Mk. II VW Passat ('81-'87) is still in production in some form as the Santana in China. Possibly the Mk. I Seat Ibiza too. There was some chinese company building what looked like the late '80s Daihatsu Charade up until at least the beginning of this decade (dunno if they stopped) - that car was death-trap enough without the "advantage" of Chinese build quality!

There's a surprising amount of Chinese car markers - look here for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motor_vehicle_manufacturers_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China

The Peugeot 504 was still in production in Nigeria and the Paykan (basically a Hillman Hunter with 504 mechanics) in Iran both until 2005 - there must be some gems like these still rolling off lines somewhere in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ The Austin Maestro is still being built in China (under a different name). I posted a picture of it on another thread here not to long ago.

Whoa, that is just unreal, how can they be allowed to build crap like that these days?Can you get a minus mark in a crash test?:D

Whoa, that is just unreal, how can they be allowed to build crap like that these days?Can you get a minus mark in a crash test?:D

I dont think China are overly concerned with our Western ways of car buiding and new fangled safety features. If anything I'd say the government see it as another method of population control and can't wait to get millions of people into cars and killing themselves/each other.:)

Have said that, the Americans seem as interested in safety as the Chinese. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WYM-0hE06I

The Voyager is a 5 star compared to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24SDvxQX-Yw

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    I dont think China are overly concerned with our Western ways or car buiding and new fangled saftey features. If anything I'd say the government see it as another method of population control and can't wait to get millions of people into cars and killing themselves/each other.:)

Have said that, the Americans seem as interested in safety as the Chinese. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WYM-0hE06I
    Harsh, but possibly true:eek:

Its amazing how the song really goes with the crushing demise of that car...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Its amazing how the song really goes with the crushing demise of that car...

The Opel Sintra was built on the same platform! Fortunate that about 4 people bought those shítheaps :D

Here's a selection of the cheapest cars on sale in China today (in Polish though):
    http://autochiny.pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=497&Itemid=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

this thread seems to be concerned mostly with cars on the road in china and russia

i will concentrate only on those visible on irish roads and so my least favourite cars are the chevorlet lacetti and the nisann tiida

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

this thread seems to be concerned with cars in china and russia which are not on irish roads

i will concentrate on those available here , the car visible on irish roads i like the least is the chevorlet lacetti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lidbd

I'd imagine the Chinese will comeout with a few shockers until the (maybe) get it right eventually.

Can American cars still not go around corners?:)

Chinese cars are getting much better day after day. The Brillance is a very famouse brand over in china. All BMWs in china was make in their factory. This brand still has got a long way to go to match the EU Standard.if you still remeber Jap/Korea cars 10 or 20 years ago? a very bad safety record:) icon9.gifCheck out the latest video for that car ,you will see a difference.

Let's bet.....ummm.. within 10 years... there would be a lots of chinese cars out on the irish road...icon10.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

Nissan Tiida

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Garda_boss

Kafer wrote: »
    Nissan Tiida
    I don't know anything about this car other than its looks and I would vote for it on them alone. A car that looks that bad cannot drive well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

heres the biggest selling pickup in the world!! shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIBOYxzqko&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭blackbox

2060208.004.1M.jpg

this looks like a spoorty car, and the bloke looks like James Bond:p

Advertisement