Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking at or near Disneyland Paris

• 17-02-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All

We are considering going to Disneyland Paris around Paddy's Day and was wondering has anyone brought their motorhome there. On their website they say you can park in their carpark.

Has anyone done this?

Do they mean just for the day or are there overnight facillities:confused:?

Is there any other good places to stay overnight nearby?

Whats the best priced ferry company to go with at this time of year?

Bren

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A couple of years ago we stayed in Caravanning des 4Vents in Crèvecoeur en Brie which is approx 15 mins away from Euro disney. Nice site, a bit remote but friendly staff.
    There was an overnight parking option in Euro Disney at the time, basic services, showers, picnic area and toilet facilities. €20 per night.

I've since read somewhere that the overnight service may no longer be available. I'm sure somebody here will confirm this.

This time of year Irish ferries are quoting around €600 compared with Celtic link who are quoting around €800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

I was there last year. Arrived when the park was closed but just went to the petrol station near the entrance to the car park and they said there was no problem parking the petrol station for the night. Ended up 3 campers parkeedd there for the night. There was no problems. Next day we parked in Disney Land. At the gate we were told we could not park overnight but when we entered we saw quite a few campers there already so i presume that they parked overnight. All in all had a great day there and will definitly be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Hey, was just there on 25th february
    we had given our motor home back to Avis in Nice but i was looking for motorhome in Disney for my july thing.
    So, they Parc disney charge 12 for motor home parking and yes, it is the closet parking you get, even better than car parking or bus parking, parc is only 50 meters from where you park. I saw 8 motorhome parked and some had covers on screen means they stayed in car park. However, there are plenty of palces where you can park your motorhome overnight, boondocking in that area is not too bad. A palce is called VAL'D EUROPE, its a new big shopping center (4 times the size of liffey valley) and i saw many motor homes parked in parking. We stayed 5 miles from disney in a self catering apartment (sleeps 8, €243 for 2 nights) wasn't bad, size of 5 bedroom house
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/citea-residentiel-marne-la-vallee-magny-le-hongre.en.html would recomend this one.
    You can even rent a cheapest 1 bedroom apartment and park your motor home in the partment complex too. otherwise just park anwhere in side street parking of Magny-le-hongre (1 mile from disney)
    there is actually a nice AGIP or ESSO petrol pump on A4 highyway (3 miles from disney) there are full facility of motor home parking with drain, toliet drain and toliet facility.
    its very cold out there though at the moment and Disney did not impress me much this time (maybe because its my 3rd time)
    do visit this shopping center called Val'D'Europe a nice samsung TV+HIFI was only 1599 in case you want to bring it.
    Also, mineral water bottle at this area will cost you 2 or 3 per bottle, suggest to buy it from suerstore in val'deurope 1.25 for 6 bottles :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bren96

Thanks Stapeler/Derden/Astraclub for the advice and info. Dont ya just love Boards!!

We are going on Friday for 8 days from Rosslare to Cherbourg (€770 with Irish Ferries for 2 adults, 3 kids and cabin) and hopefully it will beb a bit warmer there by then.

Does anyone know the adult/kids ticket price for foing into Disneyland? Do they have a have a family day ticket? I couldn't find prices on their website.

Thanks again

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Here is their web site and select "book now" on the botton right. Hey have a few offers at present, ie. two parks for the price of one, under 7's free....
    A word of caution... a friend recently booked a few days there for his family in July. Had to cancel a few days later and lost full amount (several hundred euro), day tickets are non refundable and must be used on the specified days. Similiar to Irishferries where he lost his €200 deposit. Check terms & conditions. I typically dont buy Travel Insurance but always worth considering in the event of a change in plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

I was there on 22nd February for my Son's birthday (he completed 3 on 20th)
    we bought 4 tickets-- 2 adults and 2 childern (Children 5 & 3)
    i paid total €212 for all (57 per adult and 49/child). This was for 1 day but if you are staying there for 2 days, i recommend 2 days pass. i looked at the link for offer but there was not a good one available.... i preffered on the spot this time.
    However this time i did not like the long que in Disney, for every game.... we had to wait 30 minutes approx per game. Just remember one thing, Dont miss SPACE MOUNTAIN and LASER GAME, Kids loves Laser one and the space mountain is my fav, did 3 times.

Enjoy your holiday and let us know if there is any need.

Advertisement