Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laminated barrels

Options
  • 18-02-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

a chairde,

i live around fifty yards away from the sea and the air is very salty so my guns are getting speckled with rust constantly, i hear you can get your barrel and gun laminated to prevent this and just general wear and tear, does anyone know how i do this or where to get it done??

míle buíochas.

tiny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I would think that by laminating a timber stock it might warp. Also laminating a barrel would affect harmonics of the barrel and hence accuracy might worsen. A better option would be to purchase a small dehumidifier like the remington one advertised in Duffy's (www.shoot.ie) and don't be afraid of using oil on metal surfaces. Machine oil on timber will cause it to crack!!

Advertisement