Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What hero drives the coolest car ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Alun wrote: »
    (P.S. what do I have to wrap the embedded code in to make it appear here like the examples above??)
    Use [noparse]
    [/noparse]

...which gives you this:

edited to add:
    I see you got it sorted while I was replying, but I'll leave this here anyway; it might help others to do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Also from that era, the Avengers, Steed's Bentley and Emma Peel's Lotus Elan.

bentley.jpg

emma41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Rovi wrote: »

Thanks, I figured it out, eventually. Didn't realise I only needed the video 'code' rather than the whole URL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Thanks, I figured it out, eventually. Didn't realise I only needed the video 'code' rather than the whole URL!
    No bother, I'll leave the instructions there in case anyone else need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I Pity the FOOL that doesn't like my Van.

A-TeamVan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Don't know if anyone's watching it, but there's a new series on the Beeb at the moment called "Ashes to Ashes". It's a follow-on/sequel to the superb "Life on Mars" but set in the 80's instead of the 70's, and the hero, if you can call him that, DCI Gene Hunt drives a bright red Audi Quattro. (Pedants like to point out that the Quattro wasn't available in RHD in the UK in 1981, but who cares :) )

Ah yes...Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes excellent for car-spotting.

Problem is the current series is set in '81 so a lot of era defining cars hadn't yet been launchced (various hot hatches, Sierra Cossie etc.). A Sierra Cossie saloon would have been perfect for Hunt and co. but that's really early '90s isn't it?

That's the best scene of the new series so far BTW:
    "Today my friend your diary entry will read:'Took a prozzie hostage - and was shot by 3 armed BAAASTARDS!' ":D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think Hutch's car was a Ford LTD, a Galaxie 500 was an altogether cooler looking car !

Anyway one of my early memeories revloves around Simon Templars Jaguar XJS ! The white one with the Reg. plate " ST 1 ". It was a very early 1975 pre-production manual V12 car, though they did use several including automatics which confused the life out of my as I tried in vain to figure it out from the sound, which was probably edited in afterwards anyway !

ogilvy-with-jaguar-400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Stallones 1950 Mercury from the Film Cobra. He actually owned the car himself.

Advertisement