Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deer hunting overkill.

• 18-02-2008 2:45am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's illegal in most states to hunt deer with a calibre that's too small.

So this guy's using a 12-pounder artillery piece.

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

NTM

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

i have a job for that bit of kit ha
    can you get a fold up version:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

can you get a fold up version:D

Why does that not surprise me ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

if i had shown those photos i prob would have been attacked by several forums at one time..;),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Y'know, with a lot of these stories, there's a part of me that's simultaenously thinking "that's appaling" and laughing; but in this case, there's no laughing. That's a monumentally disrespectful thing to be doing to an animal, and I don't think I've seen anyone ever actually sit down and document how they broke the law and give instructions on how to get away with it and then post it on the net with supporting photographic evidence before.

Not doing good things for the public image of hunting, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

I don't believe the story. Its all sounds very plausible but the photo of the deer is a fake. Created in photoshop by putting the same wound in different locations. How convenient that they all struck the kill zones, 3 in the neck and 3 in the chest. It's bullsh1t.:rolleyes:
    Damaging all the same and should not be encouraged.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

stupid idea and a fake picture.... most of them wounds are exactly the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

the one thing i can admire about these idiots is the fact that stupid americans will actually pay good money for those blueprints and id say probobly 1 out of every thousand stand a slight chance of ever being fired.

nonetheless its a very cruel and stupid way of hunting, not to mention completly idiotic:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blueprints aside, he is also pimping the "buckstick"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

holy christ iv just noticed he's also got a paypal option for making donations.

i dont have much cash, i might just post the redneck a nice outfit like this. i guess he'l get good use out of it.

outfit.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Anyone got a few sticks of dynamite to spare ? I feel like a bit of pond fishing :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

If you look closely at the wounds they all have a similar mark under them. Photoshop I reckon. Still, it could be done and so what, youre going to get these guys. It doesnt damage our sport.....

...this is some US, extreme, moron and even Stevie Wonder could see that a flute like that does not have anything in comon with Irish shooters. Guys like that are probably on some FBI list.

Mind you I bet you wouldnt have any problem with your application for a subsequent firearm cert in his State!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

alan123 wrote: »
    Mind you I bet you wouldnt have any problem with your application for a subsequent firearm cert in his State!!!!!

What application??
    You are of course limited to one per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

I mean... Given that here some guys have difficulty getting licences for a second firearm here; if that guy is shooting his homemade cannon and his nutjob mates are probably at the same craic, I dont think an application for a second rifle for example would be refused by the local Super in his neighbourhood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You needn't bother applying for a concealed carrying permit anyway:)

Advertisement