Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Last 16

Options
  • 18-02-2008 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Lyon -v- Man. Utd: Man Utd to qualify @ 2/5

Fenerbache -v- Seville: Seville to qualify @ 2/5

*******kos -v- Chelsea: Chelsea to qualify @ 2/9

Roma -v- Real Madrid: Real Madrid to qualify @ 4/7

In an accumulator this works out at a shade over 11/4, surely this is a steal......................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i like the look of it pat

Roma wont be a walk over though, and will be hard to beat at home. Also Fenerbache came through a tough group, and travelling to turkey is still as much of a trip to hell as ever -

But yeh - looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Roma vs. Real is by no means a done deal. Have a feeling that Roma will cruise at home so I'd lash in Barca instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Inclined to avoid the roma game myself bubs.
    Gonna lump on liverpool to beat inter milan .......... thats a joke btw :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Lay Liverpool so IrishMike???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

yeh, barca a cert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Lyon -v- Man. Utd: Man Utd to qualify @ 2/5

Fenerbache -v- Seville: Seville to qualify @ 2/5

*******kos -v- Chelsea: Chelsea to qualify @ 2/9

Roma -v- Real Madrid: Real Madrid to qualify @ 4/7

Was looking at this earlier today and don't really fancy any of them to be so clearcut, Roma have only lost one home game this season, chelsea normally manage to balls up something at this stage of the CL, Fenerbache are unpredictable and if city can beat utd so can lyon. Think i'd need more than 11/4 on that quad.

Lay Liverpool so IrishMike???

Avoid like the plague if you ask me.
    Liverpool are so unpredictable at the moment, they could win this game easily,
    lose by 3 goals or anything in between.
    My heart says liverpool but my money wont be going on them while rafa is still the manager.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Avoid like the plague if you ask me.
    Liverpool are so unpredictable at the moment, they could win this game easily,
    lose by 3 goals or anything in between.
    My heart says liverpool but my money wont be going on them while rafa is still the manager.

I think Inter should probably win this competition, it means more to them than anyone else. I was working in Milan when AC won the Champions League and despite the fact that Inter won the league for the first time in years nobody cared so ever since then they've talked about nothing but winning this. They've already won their league so they have very little to worry about there and all their fans want is this. I'm hoping they lose tommorow so I can get a good price on them winning the competition.

Also, if both of AC's keepers are out it might be worth looking at Gunners -1

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think Inter should probably win this competition, it means more to them than anyone else.

Means zip what it means to them.
    It means more to Bayern and Real than anyone else IMHO and they wont win it either :D
    Will be an English team this year if you ask me and any of the 4 of them
    have a strong case as to why it should be them.
    Inter bottle it year after year in Europe and i cant see this year being different
    In saying that they may have enough to beat Liverpool
    This is the hardest of all the ties to predict
    Im going for Liverpool mainly cause im a blinkered idiot :D
    DONT BACK THEM THOUGH ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

slightly off topic (apologies if i should have openned a new thread) but what do you guys reckon about the games in England tonight. The weather is causing havoc but from what I can gather this is the fixture list as it stands.

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Sheff Wed v Coventry, OFF
    Southampton v Plymouth, 19:45
    Wolverhampton v Scunthorpe, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League One
    Brighton v Cheltenham, 19:45
    Carlisle v Nottm Forest, OFF
    Huddersfield v Millwall, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League Two
    Hereford v Wrexham, 19:45
    Stockport v Mansfield, OFF

Johnstone's Paint Trophy
    Morecambe v Grimsby, NF, L1, OFF
    Swansea v Milton Keynes Dons, SF, L1, 19:00

any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league

VCBet 15/4 about *******kos against Chelsea. The Greeks have impressed in the Champions League so far and at home might be worth some interest. The only one i might have a play in.

EDIT: I guess i said a bad word lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Stuck a tenner on this for the craic tonite

*******cos v Chelsea
    19th of February 2008 7:45pm
    Double Chance
    *******cos And Draw @ 5 - 6

Roma v Real Madrid
    Handicap Betting
    Real Madrid +1.0 @ 4 - 9

Huddersfield v Millwall
    Win-Draw-Win
    Huddersfield @ 5 - 6

Swansea v MK Dons
    19th of February 2008 7:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Swansea @ 4 - 6

Wolves v Scunthorpe
    Win-Draw-Win
    Wolves @ 4 - 6

Liverpool v Inter Milan
    Draw No Bet
    Inter Milan @ evens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

fatgav wrote: »
    slightly off topic (apologies if i should have openned a new thread) but what do you guys reckon about the games in England tonight. The weather is causing havoc but from what I can gather this is the fixture list as it stands.

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Sheff Wed v Coventry, OFF
    Southampton v Plymouth, 19:45
    Wolverhampton v Scunthorpe, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League One
    Brighton v Cheltenham, 19:45
    Carlisle v Nottm Forest, OFF
    Huddersfield v Millwall, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League Two
    Hereford v Wrexham, 19:45
    Stockport v Mansfield, OFF

Johnstone's Paint Trophy
    Morecambe v Grimsby, NF, L1, OFF
    Swansea v Milton Keynes Dons, SF, L1, 19:00

any ideas?

So few games might as well have it in this thread. There's only four going ahead right of this moment.

Southampton v Plymouth
    Wolves v Scunthorpe
    Brighton v Cheltenham
    Huddersfield v Millwall

Wolves are 8/11 with the bookies. I think their purposely laying it and i think it might be a mistake. Bad weather aside, Scunthorpe are not very good and Wolves have better quality than the league table would appear to say they do. Scunthorpe struggle for goals away. So if it survives i'll be going with this bet. Probably a 1-0 scoreline is the most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Liverpool @ 6 - 4
    Chelsea @ 10 - 11
    Roma @ 6 - 4
    Schalke 04 @ 5 - 4
    Stake per Line: €5.00
    Potential Returns: €134.23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

have a tenner on a liverpool 2-0 win @ 11-1. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I've done the following with Ladbrokes, best prices for this particular treble.

Inter Milan @ 2/1

Liverpool are just so unpredictable in domestic competition (well actually you could probably predict that they won't win and be right half of the time) but their European form is completely different. Would be just like them to win tonight but I just can't say no to 2/1 about Inter. Could be a cracking price.

*******cos to draw with Chelsea @ 11/5

Chelsea are leaving Terry, Lampard and Anelka on the bench tonight, looks like Grant is focussing on Carling Cup Final on Sunday :rolleyes: *******cos have a pretty decent home record in this competition and the recent snow in Athens won't help either team so draw looks likely, a result that would do nicely for Chelsea who will surely destroy them at the Bridge

Schalke @ 11/10
    Just can't see Porto getting anything out of this game. This sould be the most straightforward of my selections. Now, I've said that watchthe other two come up trumps and Porto stuffing the Germans ;)

€15 treble on the above for return of €302.40

Thinking about lumping on liverpool at evens with inter down to 10 men. They are so un predictable tho.

m.j.w wrote: »
    Thinking about lumping on liverpool at evens with inter down to 10 men. They are so un predictable tho.

I wish I hadnt have now. Why the hell did he take so long to put crouch on. Rafa has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

dotsflan wrote: »
    have a tenner on a liverpool 2-0 win @ 11-1. :o:o
    m.j.w wrote: »

Well done, lads. Knew my bet was poxed when Matterazzi walked but thought then it was a nailed on 0-0. Glad I am finally starting to learn some gambling discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

nice one dots

• Advertisement

Fantastic stuff dots.
    Super bet, cant imagine too many people had the same thinking as you though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

barca man u double .....2nite guys...milan i think will put up a great fight to the guns

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Not sure about Man U tonight.. maybe thats my apprehension being a fan. Our away record in Europe over the last few years is nothing to be proud of, and Lyon are no bad side. I think all 3 games involving British teams tonight are tough to call. Am just going to do a double of under 2.5 goals in both Man U/Celtic games myself. Not sure of the prices as PP's site seems to be down at the minute but i'm sure the double should be around 2/1. Not great i know, but more of a watching brief for me tonight besides that one bet..

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Not sure about Man U tonight.. maybe thats my apprehension being a fan. Our away record in Europe over the last few years is nothing to be proud of, and Lyon are no bad side. I think all 3 games involving British teams tonight are tough to call. Am just going to do a double of under 2.5 goals in both Man U/Celtic games myself. Not sure of the prices as PP's site seems to be down at the minute but i'm sure the double should be around 2/1. Not great i know, but more of a watching brief for me tonight besides that one bet..

Cant see the Celtic game being unders to be honest.
    Can see it being 2-1 or even 3-1 with celtic scoring from a set piece

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

IrishMike wrote: »
    Cant see the Celtic game being unders to be honest.
    Can see it being 2-1 or even 3-1 with celtic scoring from a set piece

That would be some result for Celtic.. Away teams are going to be very tight at this stage and i'd say Barca are only too aware of the Parkhead atmosphere imo.. On another note, am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the non-british champs league game tonight, Fenerbahce and Sevilla?? Another tight game perhaps??

Anyone thinking of arsenal -1 at around 3-1

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of arsenal -1 at around 3-1

Very much so bubs, Milan with a third choice goalie and an old and slow
    backline against probably the slickest attacking team in Europe at the moment.
    Im think 2-0 to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

is handicap betting available on soccer on betfair?? i don't see it there, though it is on rugby and US sports. i only see asian handicap which i don't get at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Arsenal v AC Milan
    20th of February 2008 7:45pm
    Handicap Betting
    Arsenal -1.0 @ 11 - 4

Lyon v Man Utd
    20th of February 2008 7:45pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd @ 5 - 4

Receipt No.: O/20129498/0001625
    Bet Type: Double
    Stake per Line: €29.17