Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin replacement without explanation?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Here's a weird one.

I put out my black bin a couple of weeks ago on Thursday night for Friday morning's collection. I went to bring the bin back in that afternoon and couldn't find it anywhere. Walked around all the adjoining rows of the estate in all directions and could not see my bin anywhere. I thought someone may have taken it in by mistake, although it's unlikely as the number is on the front in big stickers. Thought no more about as I though it would turn up, and even if it didn't there was probably nothing I could do until Monday.

Saturday morning I go out and discover a brand new bin sitting outside with my address on it in chalk. No explanation, no-one rang my door to say it was there or why I was getting it (I was there all morning) To this day I've heard nothing or not been given a reason why I've been given this "gift".

I thought it was a bit strange and wondered if it had happened to anyone else in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe one of the bin men broke it, didn't have pen & paper to leave you a message & just dropped a new one off to replace it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

That's what I presumed, still a bit odd they didn't bother to say anything when they brought the new one around, though.

Advertisement