Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Towel trick saved my 360

• 18-02-2008 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I got the dreaded rrod last night so i decided to try the towel trick and what do you know it worked but for how long :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I take it it's older then three years yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

no fairly new i am sick of sending it off to get fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It usually last around four days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭omalleyTown

This usually the moment people take it to game and gamestop to trade it in for a PS3. Especially if you've had multiple failures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This usually the moment people take it to game and gamestop to trade it in for a PS3. Especially if you've had multiple failures.

Yeah, for as console that has like, two good (exclusive!) games on it! (I have a PS3 as well before cries of "fanboy" are heard :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭omalleyTown

Yeah, for as console that has like, two good (exclusive!) games on it! (I have a PS3 as well before cries of "fanboy" are heard :))

No thats a very true point. But I'm planning on picking up a ps3 eventually. All im saying is that if my 360 red ringed and I had to send it back more than once, that purchase would happen sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

No thats a very true point. But I'm planning on picking up a ps3 eventually. All im saying is that if my 360 red ringed and I had to send it back more than once, that purchase would happen sooner rather than later.

My thoughts exactly! Mine is due back from Germany today. (The 1st time it has RROD by the way.)

If it happens again I'll chance my arm and demand a brand new one and not a repair and if that fails I'll trade it in for a PS3.

Would defo miss XBox Live though!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Mine has red ringed, I'd never trade it in for a PS3, I'll probably get a PS3 someday though, but not until it comes down in price and has a decent catalogue of games.

I wouldn't try the towel trick, at risk of furthering the damage to the console, just send it back, MS will fix it for free, afaik no one should be out of warranty yet since iirc 360 was released Nov 2005, the 3 year extended warranty for hardware failure will last everyone til Nov 2008. afaik anyway.

Advertisement