Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia rear washer not working

Options
  • 18-02-2008 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

So here's the problem.....

Have an '05 Octavia and the rear washer is not working. It's propably one of two things....either the water pipes are disconnected under the platic trim or the washer jets are blocked....

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the washer working again. I can hear the pump working just no fluid is coming out. If I need to, how do I remove the plastic trim on the boot to gain access to the rear washer..??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Get someone to press it and you have a look at it and watch and see if there are any bubbles coming out of it. In that case its it just blocked or the pipe is snagged on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

How long has it not been working? if the pipe has come loose or disocnnected under the trim then it wont take long before it gets into the electrics of the boot lock and you will notice the boot open light on,and your alarm will go off because the car thinks the boot is open.

I similar problem on my old golf just took off the boot trim and fixed it using some rubber hosing,insulation tape and a dublee clip,also dried out the boot lock with a hair drier while i was at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Do you live in a hard water area by any chance? When I lived in Meath I used to get limescale build up in the jet heads and they would stop working. I had to run the same solution through my car as I did in my kettle. I'm not kidding! This would happen every 6 months or so.

Try sticking a pin or a needle into the nozzle to see if it is blocked up before taking the boot apart to access the jet and pipe. If the pipe was disconnected you would have a wet boot and an empty water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Yeah the water is haerd alright. Will give the above a try and see how I get on. No sign of any water around the boot area. It's not been working for a few weeks

Advertisement