Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Someone tried to nick car (Parts)

Options
  • 18-02-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Well it had to happen. Work up this morning to find the steerling lock on the ground beside the car and the passengers door bent back and the igntion pulled out. Car has an immobiliser so and they didnt mess with any wires so maybe they coped it after entry. My only regret is not catching the fcuker(s). Just how I want to start the week

Anyways my question is what will i need to replace the factory steering lock on a 1995 Nissan Primera.

Thanks for any Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

aw crap man, thats a balls :mad:.

just hope they didnt take anything of value ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Sorry to hear that!!!
    D_murph wrote: »
    just hope they didnt take anything of value ;)

Did you even read the post???
    Woke up this morning to find the steerling lock on the ground beside the car

They left it behind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Get another from a breaker. Bring a socket set, a vice grip and a hammer and nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Cheers i should have said i was trying to get just the ignition body but there a sealed unit. So i picked one up for 50quid. The old one was a ****er to get off. Have to pick up 2 shear bolts tomorrow think there 2 quid each from nissan. Also bent the door back its not too bad.

Little scrotes :mad:

The old one was a ****er to get off. Have to pick up 2 shear bolts tomorrow think there 2 quid each from nissan.
    Hence the hammer and nail(s).

• Advertisement

i used a chisel actually as i only had to atttack one of the bolts

Thanks for the advice all the same ;)

Aye, a sharp chisel would do the trick too.

Advertisement