Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #27 - Judas Priest - Painkiller

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Great album - side two (as it was back in the old days) was really good - especially 'Nightcrawler' & 'Touch of Evil'. I love the drum sound here too, Scott Travis' debut with Judas Priest & with the intro to 'Painkiller' he really made an impact.

Saw 'em live on that tour as well (SFX, 1991).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Good stuff, it's about time it's album of the week

One of Priest's best albums, (not their best, that's either Sad Wings of Destiny or Stained Class) and what a comeback from the useless Turbo and Ram it Down.

Not a bad song in the bunch - Painkiller, Leather Rebel, Nightcrawler, Between the Hammer and the Anvil, Touch of Evil and the massively underrated One Shot At Glory are all excellent songs. The blistering guitar work on this album has to be noted too, Tipton really shows what he can do.

Can't wait for their new album sometime in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

was obsessed with this album for a good while.

between the hammer and the anvil being the standout track for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Love it! Absolute quality. Personally I think they are one of the most rockin' bands ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

It is indeed almost a peerless piece of work. I am inclined, in hindsight, to say that Sad Wings was probably Priest's finest hour; more so simply because I consider that album to be one of the reasons so many bands followed suit into the world of heavy metal.

I won't get to see them at Download this year but I expect I'll manage a trip in the coming years alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

One of the greatest albums of all time, in any genre. I love everything about this album, and I couldn't even say for sure that it's Priest's best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Fantastic album. I've been campaigning to get this to album of the week for ages, and it deserves every mention. Its one of those albums that is so goddamn 'metal' that it deserves to be in every CD collection of anyone who appreciates heavy music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Good album , not a patch on their earlier stuff though. Priest were great till 1986 and Turbo, Ram it Down was desperate this was a fantastic return to form. Some of their earlier stuff "Unleashed in the East" "Screaming for vengeance" "British steel" " Sad wings of destiny" "Defenders of the faith" "Stained class" were excellent. Even "Rocka rolla" and "Point of entry" had their moments. Without doubt the best metal band of all time.

Advertisement