Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belfast Next Weekend

• 18-02-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Me and the girlfriend are heading up next weekend to dogsit so does anyone know of anything to do on a budget. and not we haven't really been in Belfast before, just the zoo so if possible can you give an address or a street nearby so i can print out a map on google :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Hey OP, you looking for places to go outdoors (with the dog?!) or anything at all?

Outdoors/walks: Shaw's bridge (type it in on google map), walk along the Lagan towpath.
    Or try Lady Dixon's Park (google map again) nearby.
    Or if you're up near the zoo, you can walk up the hills behind Belfast castle.

For other things to do in Belfast:
    Nights out - great restaurants ("Zen" in city centre, "Lolita" on Stranmillis Rd, "Mourne Seafood Bar" in centre.....lots to choose from, check out hi-life.co.uk to get a good list). Great bars for after - Cafe Vaudeville, The Spaniard, John Hewitt, Union St, Northern Whig....
    Then onto a club - Ollies, Potthouse, Whites, McCrackens, to be honest it depends what music/type of place you're looking for before I recommend a certain club, they're all different.
    Bowling, ice skating, mini golf, cinemas, theatre (check out Grand Opera House website to see whats on), bus tours or black taxi tours.

If you have a car and don't mind driving theres a few "different" things you could go see:
    Portaferry have a seal sanctuary and aquarium, haven't been there yet but def gonna go!
    Seaford Butterfly house and gardens - haven't been here yet either but apparently it's lovely, and have butterflies flying about (not sure about how many butterflies you'll get to see in "off-season")
    Mournes - lots of walks, but you'll need general directions to get to a starting point, theres probably a website that gives this info

Not sure what you're after but as you can see there's a lot to choose from :) Hope this is helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

nice one ems! i'll def look up a few of them things anyway :) suppose should take the dog for a wlk as it's gettin a bit chubby (!) and the gf's been on about ice skating for a while so could do that to :) deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You should check out Queen's University as well, its beautiful. Art gallery there aswell, its open until 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays (you may want to double check that!).

cool she's really into art (i'm meh about it) but we'll no doubt give it a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

ems_12 wrote: »

Great bars for after - Cafe Vaudeville, The Spaniard, John Hewitt, Union St, Northern Whig....
    Then onto a club - Ollies, Potthouse, Whites, McCrackens, to be honest it depends what music/type of place you're looking for before I recommend a certain club, they're all different.
    you've justed all the most boring and snobby, ridiculously overpriced and overrated places to go out in Belfast. The only one of those I would go to would be the Potthouse... because the women are HOTTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Ya mean cos it has a glass floor and they wear short skirts!!? :rolleyes::D

There's tons of bars in Belfast, Beerlao you should recommend a few to the OP instead of just giving out about the ones I recommended. It really depends on what the OP is looking for, then I could give him more specific bars and clubs :)

hmmm wonder if i could persude the gf to go, i could say the glass floor is arty?

Advertisement