Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite XBLA Games?

• 18-02-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭

With over 100 games available, what games did you like so much that you forked out for them?

Any hidden little gems people should try out?

I've been playing Prince of Persia a lot lately... its just the right balance of keeping the feel of the original, while updating the graphics and controls to make it fresh.

I'm also playing Marble Blast Ultra (Up to the Advanced levels now - getting bloody hard!). I tried this in multiplayer yesterday and it was great fun too...

I think the updates of old arcade games are, for the most part, awful..... any worth checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

The ones Ive enjoyed most so far are

Switchball - Like a laid back marble blast
    SWOS and Bomberman - Cant go wrong with these for classic gameplay
    Mutant Storm Reloaded - preferred this one to Empires

Also Uno, Cloning Clyde, Outpost Kaloki, Zuma, Worms and Assault Heroes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

mise wrote: »
    The ones Ive enjoyed most so far are
    Switchball - Like a laid back marble blast
    SWOS and Bomberman - Cant go wrong with these for classic gameplay

+1

Also:
    Pinball FX
    Geometry Wars Evolved

how did I forget Geometry Wars and Castlevania!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Castlevania goes without saying (for many, its the first game downloaded from Live - it was for me!)

I was looking for the lesser known games that are worth a look....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Puzzle Quest is pretty much essential, wonderful puzzle game with some RPG features tagged on.

Geometry wars is also great for a 10 minute blast that turns into a marathon session.

If you like your shmups then check out Omega Five, I loved it.

And of course Castlevania, it's a brilliant game and a steal at 800 points.

Really like robotron as well, pretty decent conversion and works great with the 360 controller. Metal Slug 3 is another arcade game work forking out for.

I really like Space Giraffe but it's a game you have to invest time in because you will hate it the first few times you play it.

Almost forgot Rez HD which I haven't bought yet but loved it on the dreamcast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The best have to be,
    Robotron,
    Space Giraffe,
    Rez HD,
    Geometry Wars

All shooters all great, just pity Everyday Shooter only came out on the PS3, thats the business.

Oh yeah, can't forget Rez HD ... I've put alot of time into that in the last few weeks. Finished it last week and unlocked Assault and Lost Area... brilliant game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I love bomberman and track and field.

Altho the novelty factor of the latter has worn off

I also have:
    Worms - fun
    Small Arms - rubbish
    TMNT 1989 - ehhhhhhhhhhhh moving on...
    Hexic, Uno and some other puzzle game.

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread to add Gripshift.. loving it at the moment..

And have also been playing Switchball again since they updated it to sort out the tearing issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Sensi
    Rez
    Doom [400 points]

• Advertisement

Some fantastic games due this month... Assault Heroes 2 on the 15th, and (I think) Bionic Commando Rearmed the week after.

Cool, didnt know anything about assault heroes 2, quite enjoyed the first one..
    Theres a 1942 game coming out at some stage which looked good too.

N+ is great fun too.. tho my brother is so much better than me, its frustrating when we play online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

My top 3 Arcade Games:

1 Rez
    2 Rez
    3 Rez

Did I mention I liked Rez?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I just hated Rez, sorry silvine. But i accept that its raved about by many people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i havnt bought any yet but will do when i get some points. Rez will be one of the first (missed it on dreamcast). I might get Ikaruga although i can't even get past the demo so it might be pointless!
    I might get streets of rage 2 if i have any spare points lying around as thats a classic (one of my fave megadrive games) and the online co-op sounds fun

Advertisement