Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damaged Paintwork

Options
  • 18-02-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

During the winter I tend to get the car washed in an auto-wash (I know I shouldn't but I'm lazy) and when it gets nice and warm in the summer I wash it myself.

Anyway got it done in the auto yesterday and after noticed that there are faint brush scratches on the bonnet. So no more auto washes for me anyway but I am concerned about this.

Whats the best thing to do to repair / protect the paintwork now that there are faint scratches on it.

The car is a metallic silver 03 almera saloon. The previous owner was an OAP (bump happy:))and the car has a bit of paint damage and a fair few scratches as a result. These were all sealed over by the garage when I bought it but remain a slight concern.

And if worst comes to worst how much would it cost to respray the car? (Not really actually thinking bout this but would like to know how much it would cost)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Wash like this from now onwards http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7598756069207401372

A proper respray would cost 2 - 3K, so as you say not worth it on an 03 Almera.

Get the paint machine polished by a pro but this will cost a few hundred quid. Otherwise Mer/Farecla scratch remover & Autoglym super resin polish will tone down lighter marks a little if you want to do it yourself, but you will have to reapply it fairly often. There are other polishes which fill in flaws much better and last longer, providing the damage is not too bad, but they are laborious to apply and far more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Give this guy a shout www.Detailer.ie

Advertisement