Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Npr

• 18-02-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Any fans of NPR here? It's annoying that I can only listen to it on the internet, but overall I think it beats BBC 4 and their World Service for its overall coverage and quality.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

its fantastic and just downloading some of their podcasts in the music section and the quality of artists available is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Oh yeah, now ye're talkin'

I used to listen to KQED and KALW in San Francisco. And have on occasion listened over the internet to Car Talk at 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Ahem.

but yes, very very good......very good indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Yes, I'm a fan too but my enjoyment of their stuff is impaired by my having a rubbish 3 fraudband modem. I agree though - their stuff is excellent and shows RTÉ how it's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

donaghs wrote: »
    Any fans of NPR here? It's annoying that I can only listen to it on the internet, but overall I think it beats BBC 4 and their World Service for its overall coverage and quality.

I do like NPR a lot. As for your comment about it being superior to BBC 4 and the World Service, I can't agree. There is simply nothing to beat these two BBC services. They are brilliant..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I love www.npr.org and have been listening since they appeared on satellite over 8 years ago, I like most of the presenters except Diane Rehm who suffers from sort of medical complaint and I find it painful to listen to her plus the guys on Cartalk are not funny.

I would say I listen to NPR for over 15/20 hours a week in windows of my listening time like 9am to 10am Irish time when RTE and Newstalk are weak. Friday afternoon when that woman is on Mooney. In the weekend and at night its great.

To sum up if you like educated radio give NPR a listen and I think you'll like it.
    donaghs wrote: »
    It's annoying that I can only listen to it on the internet,

http://www.npr.org/worldwide/howto.html is how I listen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement