Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geometry Wars: Evolved - Post Your High Scores

• 18-02-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks, post your highest score for Geometry Wars (arcade) here....

I'm not asking to brag! (my score is piffling really @ 155,000 or something!)

Does anyone have tips for doing well? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can't break 100k (and I was trying for 20 mins yesterday before quitting in disgust) .... damn hard game. Even the Pacifist achievement (survive first 60 seconds without shooting) is a stinker.

Any tips would be appreciated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It is hard though innit?

I play every day almost for a few mins and i still suck!

Monkeydude JM is the guy to ask with his 600,000+ score :mad:
    He must have the reflexes of Neo..... (i'm jealous!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

i got pacifist :D
    my high score is pretty bad, i think its hovering around the 270,000 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

0ubliette wrote: »
    i got pacifist :D
    my high score is pretty bad, i think its hovering around the 270,000 mark

Your high score is pretty bad? cheers mate! :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The trick is the same with any 2D shoot'em up, you should be concentrating more on avoiding enemy fire than shooting enemies, especially in geometry wars where enemies usually run into your fire. Always have your focus on the player ship rather than on where you are shooting, you'll get out of tighter spots that way. Also keeping one or two black holes open will reduce the amount of enemies although you'll have to try and keep the m from exploding (which however is usually preferable to the amount of enemies it usually gets rid of. Remember to try and score as highly as possible on your first life since the multipliers make a huge difference. Firing in the direction you are moving in works really well although in the heat of an intense game this is usually forgotten about.

That said I'm definitely not the best geometry wars player around with a pitiful score of just over 400K. How smellyirishman has over a million I will not know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Think im around the 250,000 mark too. Retro is right re: tactics, and the first life score counts for so much. I tend to blow up the black holes asap, must try out leaving a few alone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mise wrote: »
    Think im around the 250,000 mark too. Retro is right re: tactics, and the first life score counts for so much. I tend to blow up the black holes asap, must try out leaving a few alone

Well it's more of an advanced tactic when you get better at it and it starts to get a bit hairy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's been a while since I played it but going from my acheivements my score is somewhere between 250,000 and 500,000. I seem to remember getting fairly close to 500,000 before though, but I've was trying for ages to get the pacifist one last time I played it before getting too annoyed with the game and giving up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm a bit north of the 1,000,000 mark. I've been offline for ages, can't remember exactly. Great game. Out of curiosity, if I'm on anybodys friend list here, can you check my score for me??

I've got Mad Cat Skillz, Pacifism and Score 1,000,000 achievements. I love that game!!!

Advertisement