Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel reservation software / service- recommend...

Options
  • 18-02-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Hi

Do you use any hotel reservation software / engine in particular.
    was checking out bookassist - I like the system it's 3% commission and 10% ! if you want to be listed on their partner sites.ouch...

I came across globKey
    http://www.globekey.com/info/hotels39.htm
    Which offers a flat rate of $75 per month

The above two handle the payment processing as well as the booking interface.

Then stand alone software
    http://www.bug-hotel.org

Looks good but then you have merchant and ssl fees security headakes etc...

Can you recommend any direction for a hotel booking system.

Which way do you think is best - stand alone or serviced.
    Have you used anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

egan007 wrote: »
    Hi

Do you use any hotel reservation software / engine in particular.
    was checking out bookassist - I like the system it's 3% commission and 10% ! if you want to be listed on their partner sites.ouch...
    You're paying to be included in a popular network basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I understand that - 10% seems steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wenlock

Visrez have a good booking engine. They work with Micros Fidelio. Their system connects to the reservations system in house. O'Callaghans, Citywest and Clontarf castle use it already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Book Assist did the reservation system for the hotel project I am currently finishing of (http://www.waterfordmanorhotel.com) and I think she said commision was 7% if they used the booking engine on the manor site and 10% if its on their main website (Book Assists).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I was working on a website for someone who already had BookAssist in place, it's very nice software, although commission can be a tad steep, but what'll yah do!

Bug Hotel is nice, heard good things about it, full of features.(also has joomla extension). Not sure about pricing. if you get ecommerce hosting for it, it should be okay to manage? I know it's more expensive but the extra investment into your servers is better than paying the salary of sales staff and other staff who work for bookassist.Thats what i think anyway, i'm probably just talking crap tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement