Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HGVs in city centre

Options
  • 18-02-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are there more HGVs coming back into the city centre? I know they're not banned but I think the restrictions on when they're allowed into the city centre have been a great success.

Recently though, and this morning especially, there did seem to be a lot of HGVs on the road. Today I passed at least 6 (1 is the usual) including one in Ranelagh that had been involved in some sort of incident with a very shocked looking cyclist (not injured but guards on the scene).

Anyhoo, just wondering - is it a blip or have the boys in blue stopped checking HGVs for permits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Studoc

Funny was just thinking the same recently. I know that 5 axles + are banned but it seems to me that they just get around that by raising one of the axles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Studoc wrote: »
    Funny was just thinking the same recently. I know that 5 axles + are banned but it seems to me that they just get around that by raising one of the axles.

They can't raise an axle and claim to be 4 or less, they still have 5 or more axles. They drive with the axle up when empty to save money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Studoc

Del2005 wrote: »
    They can't raise an axle and claim to be 4 or less, they still have 5 or more axles. They drive with the axle up when empty to save money.

Thanks, did'nt know that. However there does seem to be more truck traffic around the city centre.

Advertisement