Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wee Ian goes

Options
  • 18-02-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

So young Ian Paisley has packed his bags.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7250877.stm

He of course had done nothing wrong. Seems like the dynasty stops with big Ian. My own feeling is that the young lad has been guilty of a fair degree of incompetence and failing to recognise the propriety of perceived actions as a minister. Now I wonder where have we read something of this kind... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Glad to see the back of him, he was almost more biggoted than the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Lobbying for a developer, if true, is positively admired down here in the south, nay it is seen as a right for many local politicians. Life is probably too quiet for young Ian I would say, probably moving into business of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

He's an overly cocky bigot, who gets by on his daddy's name and reputation. He claims he quit, not because he was caught in bed with a developer, but because the scandal it caused was taking up too much of his time. Good bye and good riddance. I hope you lose your seat at the next election, but thats unlikely, as you'll be voted in on your name once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

baztard wrote: »
    I hope you lose your seat at the next election, but thats unlikely, as you'll be voted in on your name once again.

dear god, how many current inhabitants of Leinster House could we say that about?

so he's been forced out because of his relationship with a developer. Good for the North. How embarrassing for us....

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

dear god, how many current inhabitants of Leinster House could we say that about?

so he's been forced out because of his relationship with a developer. Good for the North. How embarrassing for us....

I agree.

Still, good riddance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭duggie-89

great to see him gone but incase people didn't realise Ian jnr has many a full time job, he is a part timer fisherman, a full timer political advisor to his dad's aka MP and he was also a full time minister. what a list of jobs maybe he can concentrate in sprewing out his bile with more free time on his hands.

but saying that maybe he should of paided more attention to how bertie handles things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It suggests one thing, do we actually need politicians? With so much time on his hands and all these extra jobs he clearly had little to occupy himself in his political job, a bit like the Dail and Seanad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

baztard wrote: »
    He's an overly cocky bigot, who gets by on his daddy's name and reputation. He claims he quit, not because he was caught in bed with a developer, but because the scandal it caused was taking up too much of his time. Good bye and good riddance. I hope you lose your seat at the next election, but thats unlikely, as you'll be voted in on your name once again.

is he actually a bigot or do you presume he is due to his sirname

the only thing interesting about this story is that it happend to a member of such a self righteous holier than thou party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    It suggests one thing, do we actually need politicians? With so much time on his hands and all these extra jobs he clearly had little to occupy himself in his political job, a bit like the Dail and Seanad.

a very good point Mr Micro!

surely however, given that they are paid so well, they must be beavering away like Trojans, no? Oh I see :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,372 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

there really should be a rule that prevents offspring of TDs or MLAs from getting into parliament, they are almost always less capable then their dads, and the effect is to reduce the overall "gene pool" of the parliament.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

He could always join another Party. Are FF recruiting at the moment? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well they are looking at moving into the north! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭duggie-89

Hagar wrote: »
    He could always join another Party. Are FF recruiting at the moment? ;)

lol lol well if they play there cards right they might get their first mla and cumman set up - i think an appropriate name wud be the S. Sweeney cumman, i mean he seems to be right up FF natural political allies :D:D:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He's just as bigotted as his father but without the cunning to know which way the tide is flowing.

Good riddance to a bad politician, the kind we need less of for the future.

DeV.

Advertisement