Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 6th Round Draw

• 18-02-2008 2:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Im praying for United v Chelsea just so the United fans cant start talking about a conspiracy against their side.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Melion wrote: »
    Im praying for United v Chelsea just so the United fans cant start talking about a conspiracy against their side.

As long as we avoid Barnsley i'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Tauren wrote: »
    As long as we avoid Barnsley i'll be happy.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sheff Utd/Boro vs Cardiff
    United vs Pompey (whinge whinge, another premiership team, get over it)
    Bristol Rovers vs West Brom
    Barnsley vs Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

OMG. When was the last time Chelsea got a tough draw in ANYTHING? Their Carling Cup, FA Cup and CL draws have been so freakin easy this year it is unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Sheff Utd/Boro vs Cardiff
    United vs Pompey (whinge whinge, another premiership team, get over it)
    Bristol Rovers vs West Brom
    Barnsley vs Chelsea

:D a bit bitter about going out are we?

Delighted with a home draw...that's all you can ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'd have preferred to get Chelsea out of the way, but it makes little difference, treble in the bag anyway..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

another year, another trip to old trafford for the FA cup. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OMG. When was the last time Chelsea got a tough draw in ANYTHING? Their Carling Cup, FA Cup and CL draws have been so freakin easy this year it is unbelievable!

I wouldn't call an away trip to Barnsley easy to be fair. I'd say they'd rather go to the likes of Pompey or Boro.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call an away trip to Barnsley easy to be fair.

Why not? They are an average Championship side - chelsea should dispatch them withut too much trouble. I'd say Bristol Rovers was the only easier tie Chelsea could have been given.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

When are the games being played?

I wanna get to the Man U V Bolton game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why not? They are an average Championship side - chelsea should dispatch them withut too much trouble. I'd say Bristol Rovers was the only easier tie Chelsea could have been given.

Little teams always raise their game in these ties, especially at home. I just feel Boro etc would roll over and die a lot easier in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ziggy wrote: »

How many of those have been away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea will walk past Barnsley. Too much quality all over the pitch.
    Bristol vs. West Brom I'm happy to see, one of those teams deserves a day out at Wembely. With any luck, Cardiff or Sheffield will get there too.

United get Portsmouth, I'm shocked, really I am :rolleyes:
    I'd put good money on United getting Boro in the next round, and then Chelsea in the final.
    Either way, this cup with be decided between the United vs. Chelsea match I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lol.

I'm sure one day you will see the irony dripping from that post.

kaimera wrote: »
    lol.

I'm sure one day you will see the irony dripping from that post.

Why? Are you saying Chelsea haven't been getting easy draws in the Cup competitions as of late? I don't think United have ever had such easy consecutive runs - Chelsea had the same last year, and in the CL this year.

Or are you saying United constantly get easy draws in cup competitions? In which case, name them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Why? Are you saying Chelsea haven't been getting easy draws in the Cup competitions as of late? I don't think United have ever had such easy consecutive runs - Chelsea had the same last year, and in the CL this year.

Or are you saying United constantly get easy draws in cup competitions? In which case, name them.

Have United ever had a tough group in the CL?

And just because they didnt get out of the group 2 years ago doesnt mean it was a tough group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Ah Balls :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Willstev wrote: »
    When are the games being played?

I wanna get to the Man U V Bolton game.
    ziggy wrote: »

Bolton game was fixed for 1/4 final weeksend

It will now be moved to a mid week...if Bolton are knocked out of UEFA Cup it'll be on the Wednesday after 1/4 final weekend...if not whichever midweek is freee after that.

And just because they didnt get out of the group 2 years ago doesnt mean it was a tough group.

You mean the year 1 of the teams we didn't get through against was in the semi final, and another was in the quarters? It wasn't atough group, but it was not easy.

Also, you would find it difficult to get drawn in a really bad group when you are a top seed. But, having Roma, Sporting and Kiev didn't make this years group all that easy.

I remember one year we had Barcelona and Bayern Munich in our group too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Well you could argue that we had a harder group than you lot this year. We just made it look easy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

surprise surprise united got a home draw!!!!! will wonders ever cease!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This year was a tough group in the CL, it's just that United walked through it. Groups in the CL are pretty much always easy these days imo, bar one group in 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call an away trip to Barnsley easy to be fair. I'd say they'd rather go to the likes of Pompey or Boro.

doubt it.

we've recently been held by pompey and boro can be a bit unpredictable in the cup, barnsley any day and another tough game for Utd will keep them working hard :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Not to mention the year they won it, when they went undefeated.
    Barcelona
    Bayern
    Brondby

Tough group, they had Juventus the two seasons before that too

stick-dan wrote: »
    surprise surprise united got a home draw!!!!! will wonders ever cease!

Yea lets see...away to villa, home to spurs, home to arsenal, home to pompey....yep the FA are really riggin the draw for United to get to the final.

Its a conspiracy i tells ya.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

growler wrote: »
    and another tough game for Utd will keep them working hard :-)
    Like the tough game on Saturday? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I was gonna come on here and gripe about United having another PL team in the Cup, making it 11 in a row etc as others have pointed out. But whats the point of it.
    IMO it keeps United on their toes all season, having to constantly put on a decent display, and even if Alex decides to rest some so called bigger players, their replacements have the opportunity to show their worth against quality opposition. Look at the determination shown by Fletcher and Park at the weekend as prime examples of this. I know Arsenal werent up to much, but they werent let either, and thats testament to the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Reckon Chelsea will retain this trophy this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Eh, two of the teams went on to get to the quarters and semi's respectively. Not excusing United's atrocious form that campaign, but it wasn't the easiest group in the world.

Anyway, I know it's another Prem team but it's not the hardest. The key issue is that it is at Old Trafford, an away tie at West Brom or the winners between Sheffield and 'Boro could've been potentially more tricky.

Just need Ronny to get his free-kick boots on again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Like the tough game on Saturday? :D

well they did get kicked a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bah could of avoided Pompey but atleast it's home advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

the home advantage is huge tbh. United fans can complain about drawing PL teams but playing at home means a decent advantage in the cup ties.

• Advertisement
Advertisement