Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death of Paul Goldin

• 18-02-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

Just seen in one of the papers over the weekend that Paul Goldin (of the Paul Goldin clinic) has passed away.
    I'd just like to say that it is majorly in thanks to his hypnotherapy that I managed to kick the evil habit after 14 years of smoking. 3+ years later, and I'm still off them.
    RIP Mr Goldin, you provided a great help to some people, and a great extension to the length of their lives.

(I know success rate and popularity of hypnosis seems to be quite low, but for those it does work for, its a blessing, so I thought this was worthy of mention in this forum).

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/goldin-death-leaves-world-darker-and-drabber-place-mourners-told-1290871.html

THE world will be "a bit darker and a bit drabber" following the death of celebrity hypnotist and behavioural psychologist Paul Goldin, his funeral heard yesterday.

Faces from television, the stage and the social scene filled the Unitarian church on St Stephen's Green yesterday to bid a final farewell to the 79-year-old, who died earlier this week.

In an emotional, yet occasionally upbeat Jewish service, a series of tributes were paid to the man who was dubbed the original stage hypnotist -- and who then went on to open a number of stress management and phobia clinics.

Some 250 people filled the church for the service, which was presided over by Mr Goldin's long-time friend Mitch Wax, who he first met in London 66 years ago.

Advertisement