Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 2 long haired Guinea pigs

Options
  • 18-02-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi guys, Im looking for 2 female {if possible } Long haired guinea pigs, Im in the Limerick area but willing to travel.Can anyone help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Killiwee

I finally sourced long haired guinea pigs from Petmania petshop in Limerick, they're not due in till friday.Has anyone bought from Petmania before, are they reliable? I know there are a few around the country:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

would you consider some rescued guinea pigs? There are usually some guinea pigs looking for homes on the petsireland.invisionzone.com forums, check under ''homes needed misc''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Killiwee

Ive been haunting that site for weeks now! There was 2 but they were in Ulster about 7 hours journey, Im willing to travel but not that far! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Long haired guineapigs rarely come up but they do come up if you post on the Homes Offered page on petsireland and irishanimals.ie and also contact rescues that take in small animals I think the DSPCA does.

Personally I wouldn't buy from a Petmania store.

If you must buy from a pet shop make sure it's one that can sex the animals properly (guineas are easy to sex) and there are no skin or respiratory problems.

Short haired pigs come up in rescue and more will probably over the summer and after Easter people like to go on holidays and don't want the hassle of the guineas anymore, sad but true.

Advertisement