Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So what GM do people play?

• 18-02-2008 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Only recently got into CoD4 online despite having it a while. [tf2 was sucking up all my online gameplay]

Atm it's large FFA games but what from your experiences are decent modes to try out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Team deathmatch and headquarters.

Team deathmatch for obvious reasons, headquarters because holding a point against a constant respawn is quite difficult and requires a great deal of skill.

Hardcore when i want some easy kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I play hardcore Team Deathmatch unless playing with friends then we play Sabotage or Ground War. Hardcore matches are my favourite. Much less margin for error.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

TDM / SAB / DOM / FFA / HQ in public.

S&D in matches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hardcore works better on console version than pc,i think djkeogh plays it on the 360?
    On pc its just too easy to aim and bang one shot and they are dead.
    Its ok but i just prefer standard on pc atleast,you got to keep aiming at the target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dcully wrote: »
    Hardcore works better on console version than pc,i think djkeogh plays it on the 360?
    On pc its just too easy to aim and bang one shot and they are dead.
    Its ok but i just prefer standard on pc atleast,you got to keep aiming at the target.

Interesting point, it is more difficult on the console(I play on both). Mainly due to the slower reaction times and less precision in aiming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea it is the 360. I do see the point though if it was a keyboard and mouse the Hardcore matches might be alot less fun. I do think they work really well on the console though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Sabotage, search and destroy amd headquaters the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Team Deathmatch - half the time on Hardcore.
    I like Hardcore mode, but it seems to be more friendly to campers, Which is why I only play it half the time. Also, some maps just seem a bit too small for it

Advertisement